Chapter 9: Cinderella

Cinderella skipped happily down the halls, more than excited to stay another morning without the usual "Cinderella, mop the stairs," "Cinderella, wipe the tables," "Cinderella, polish my shoes!"

She shuddered in remembrance.

Her arms protected her books while waving a greeting to her roommate, Aurora, who smiled back at her.

In just few days, she'd made lots of friends. Snow White, Kida, Pocahontas, Belle and a certain Rapunzel.

Wiping the sweat from her brows, she got ready to step into the doors of her next class.

"Uh...excuse me," someone tapped her from behind. Shocked, she turned around, eyes clashing into deep browns.

Her mouth slightly parted as she stared in surprise. "Oh. Hey. Can I help you?"

"Kinda," the brown eyed guy rubbed behind his neck. "You...er...I wanted to tell you that..." He lifted a book to her face. "The zipper of your bag's open and this fell out,"

She stared at the notebook in his hands then her eyes flew back to her bag. The zipper was opened.

"Thank you. How careless of me. It's a good thing you found it. I don't know what I would have done if I'd lost it. Thanks," she received it and began to turn around. "I'm Charming." He quickly blurted.

She turned back to him in confusion. Irritation etched on her face. "Er, you must be. But I didn't ask for you to compliment yourself,"

"No," he laughed. "'Charming' is my name. Charm, for short,"

Her eyes grew wide. "I'm sorry, I thought..."

"Nah. It's alright. I get that all the time. How about you, what's your name?"

She chuckled. "On the first encounter?" She zipped up her bag. "It may be a bit hard to remember. I'm Cinderella."

"Cindy..."

"Told you it'll be hard. But, it's OK. We might not even meet each other again," she smiled shyly. "I'll go now. Thanks for the book again,"

"Yes, I..."

"CHARMING!"

Cinderella winced as she heard that familiar squeal.

Anastasia Tremaine came marching forth, eyes blazing at her step sister. Cinderella wondered why she couldn't run away.

"Charming, what are you doing with this...?"

Charm looked at the two sisters. Only that he didn't know they were sisters.

"I should go..." Cinderella began but Anastasia interrupted.

"Oh no, you don't! You've been hiding, haven't you? From both Drizella and I?!"

"You two know each other?" Charm quizzed.

Cinderella looked down and sighed. "She's my..."

"She's our maid!" Anastasia spat out.

Charm's eyes grew wide. The blonde girl shut her eyes tight, trying to prevent any tear from falling out.

"And, guess what, maid," The redhead continued. "I'm reporting you to your boss. Yes, Charm, my mother. Because she doesn't attend to us anymore. Then, you'll be withdrawn from school!"

Cinderella's eyes flew to her sister's. "No."

"You shoulda thought about that before playing smart and getting your hands over my boyfriend."

"Boyfriend?" Charm and Cinderella chorused.

Anastasia looked at Charming. "Isn't it official, yet? Never mind. Main thing is that you should come and take care of our laundry and maybe, just maybe, I might reconsider," She turned back to the dark haired guy and tapped his cheek. "Later, dear,"

And she walked out.

Cinderella wiped a tear. "Goodbye,"

"No, no, wait a minute," he tried yo hold her but she simply put her hand behind her back.

"Look, thank you for my book and all but my plate us already too full. I really think I should go," she finally turned around and walked into the classroom. 

Charm looked on after her. He sighed. Right then, he'd just picked the pauper over the princess.

Smooth move, Charm, real smooth.