Chapter 27: DISNEY'S GOT TALENT 3

Philip looked like he could cry. Or die. Which ever one worked out the fastest.

"Please, tell me what it is that you're doing." He whined out to Merida.

"I'm the final act. Check your list."

"You are definitely not in the list. I thought we already discussed this."
But even through the entire confusion, Philip still fumbled out the white sheet and scanned through it.

He nearly screamed when he saw her name scribbled dowýn at the end of the list. Merida DunBroch.

"Hiccup!" He barked. "How on earth did this happen?!"

Hiccup took careful steps towards the two of them. "Um... funny story..."

"You did this behind my back?" He casted a side glance at the audience, the uproar still wandering amongst them. He cautiously shifted all three of them behind the large curtain.
"I thought we discussed this. This arrow thing is too dangerous for the audience. The students might get hurt. This isn't allowed."

"That's why it's a talent. No-one will get hurt." Merida pressed on.

"I don't work with chances. I will not allow this."

"I will!" Merida frowned and clutched her bag stubbornly. "Just you watch and see!" Ignoring all the protests she began to march towards the other side of the curtain.

"My father will kill me." Philip slapped his forehead. "Come, Hiccup. We need to get out there, stop her and call it a night."

"Why are you trying to stop her? She's..."

"I am Merida DunBroch. Giving a new name to the game of archery!"

Philip gasped and glared at Hiccup. Both of them quickly ran to the other side of the curtain.

"Did she just say...archery?" Peter Pan slowly went lower into his seat.

"Pull the sheets!" Merida commanded.

"What sheets?..." Philip began but Hiccup was already pulling a lever.

Suddenly, the camouflaged sheets surrounding the hall came off, one by one to reveal target boards, hung carefully on the wall.

At that moment, Philip felt his knees give way. If not for the curtain behind him, he would have crashed to the ground.

The audience began to panic. People had already began hiding under chairs while others were already making their way outside.

"Behold..." Merida stood in position and took out one arrow from behind her. She brought the bow to her eye level and fixed the arrow across the string.

"We should have reconsidered this." Raunzel ducked and began gathering all her hair in one arm.

Merida breathed and aimed at the first target.

And she shot.

Noise rang up in her ears as the arrow flew but she refused to shake.
The pointed tip of the arrow hit directly at the middle circle.

A direct hit.

The crowd slowly looked up in awe as they saw the perfect hit. The tension slowly reduced as some began to 'ooh' and 'ahh'.

Merida smiled proudly to herself as she reached out for another arrow.
Before she could take her stance, a firm hand grabbed the weapons. "Oh no! That's more than enough!"

"What is your problem, Philip? I got it!"

"Oh no, you don't. I want you off this stage this instant!"