Chapter 18

Tinker Bell struggled to walk in step with Silvermist, one of her 'nymph-like' friends.
Recently, she had been losing concentration in almost everything she did. Since the Talent show thing came up, of course everyone had urged her to set the Hall up, coupled with her Diner duties alongside Tiana. Then school work was simply the icing on the cake.

"Mr. North says you're hardly keeping up with lectures. Guess he noticed."

Tinker struggled not to sigh. Keeping up with a major such as European Studies required vast and adequate concentration. Two things she lacked.

"Jack didn't help me with the group assignment?" She asked Silvermist.

"Jack Frost is your partner?" Silvermist's head whipped so fast towards Tinker Bell that her blue hair nearly slapped her across the face. "That's bad. Jack Frost is such a playfully little nuisance. He hadn't been attending classes either. But unlike you, he has no excuse. Mr. North really worries about him."

"Great. Now how do I keep up with the project? Are you and Rosetta done with your project?"

"We all are, Tink. You're the only one amongst all of us who is kinda lagging behind. Are you sure you can handle all these jobs? They might be menial but..."

"I need the Diner job, Silver. And as for the Talent show preparation...I like I. It gives me joy to tinker. You know that."

"Not when it's affecting your studies." She turned around when she noticed Tinker had stopped some paces behind her.

"Why did you stop -?" Silvermist asked, then paused, her eyes flying to the large auditorium just some blocks away. "No way."

"Silv..."

"You're not coming to class today, are you?"

"Look. I'll come tomorrow, I promise..."

Silvermist scoffed. "Does Peter know?"

"Why do you always bring my cousin into everything?"

"Because he wouldn't be too happy that you're skipping classes for work!"

"He wouldn't care!" She almost snapped, her face turning red, then she said under her breath. "He'll be too busy with Wendy."

Her blue haired friend opened her mouth to speak, then she closed it again. She popped a knowing smirk. "Are you serious? Please, don't tell me you're doing all of this just to get Peter's attention."

"Really?! I really do need the Diner job. A-and I really love tinkering..."

"And you also really love it when your cousin comes to advice you to better your grades." Now, she was laughing, making Tink turn redder than a tomato.

"Fine. But, it's not my fault. Family comes first. Above all. And asides friends, I do need family around. He seems so distant now. I don't particularly hate Wendy..." She sighed. "...I just wish sometimes, she'd let me have a bit of my cousin too."

"You're delusional, Tink."

"Forget about it, though. However, I really enjoy putting up decorations and fixing most of the faults in the auditorium. I can't say I am happy that I'm flunking my classes. I'm just saying I wish there was a way I could balance everything."

Silvermist's face turned concerned as she placed a hand on the blonde's shoulders. "Tell you what, Tink. What do you think Peter Pan would do if he found out you passed excellently?"

Tinker Bell' s blue eyes shone up immediately. "Oh, Silver..."

"Really. You have to think about it. Not only do you ace your papers but you also get his attention."

Tinker began to smile.

"And as for the Diner, who says you can't take your books along? Hey, I could even be the girls to help pitch in for those night shifts. It might take a bit of convincing but I bet it'll be OK."

"Will Vidya agree?" Tinker joked as they both laughed.

"I'll talk to Philip as well. It isn't right to make you overwork yourself more than you do in your academics. I know you'd learn that."

"Well..." She looked down at her green flats. Her face began to turn red, this time, it wasn't in anger.

Immediately, she lifted up her body and hugged her tiny little friend. "Oh thank you. Thank you! Silver."

"Hey, hey. Easy now. You'll push us both down . Now, time to get to class. And, oh yes! You're following me this time, little missy."

Tinker realeased her and frowned. "Now?"

"Now, Tink. ¡Ahora!"

Tinker just shrugged as she allowed herself be pulled away to the Faculty's building.