Chapter 33

"I think you should all prepare for the usual quiz coming up next week. Don't say I didn't announce it on time." Frollo turned his nose up to his students, eyes resting on one particular one.

Esmeralda was having such a hard time being steady. She clutched the sides of her seat for support.

Things were already looking bad for her and it looked way too obvious that she'd be repeating the course that year.
Such a shame after all her sleepless nights. All efforts seemed futile.

Pocahontas reached out and touched her shoulder softly, for support perhaps.

Esmeralda looked at her shoulder and gave a wan smile. It scared her to shreds that since Pocahontas was in her final year and still attending second year classes. It scared her even more that she could become like her.

"I hope that won't be a problem for any of you. I mean, this is such an easy course. One can hardly fail." His eyes were still directed to someone in particular.

Esmeralda couldn't even meet his eyes. She just kept on staring at her text book.with a failing feeling in the depths of her stomach.

"Since we have no objection to the quiz coming up, I best call it a day and let you all get to trying to get an A." He chucked smugly and began to pack his books.

"Some corrupt judge he is." Pocahontas frowned.

The other students in the class had already started getting up to leave. The gypsy didn't even know if she had the strength to stand.

"It's time for our dance practice." Pocahontas reminded her as she stood up.

"I haven't felt like dancing ever since this entire thing erupted in my face."

"I know. Me neither, but... our team is going to shreds. Everyone's been leaving slowly. You and I, Merida went missing, I heard Snow lost her pep. I have no idea what's going on."

"Of all the semesters I've spent in this school, I've never experienced one this dramatic. And I'm sick of it."

"We have to know each person that was affected by Judge Frollo. We have to start acting or this might just be another wasted year."

"Where do we start? Do we go around interviewing girls we don't even know. We can't even tell who and who he might have come on to."

"I can tell for one thing that there are certainly some girls in the third and fourth level that may have been harassed. We might not know about the ones who aren't in our department but if we can gather up to five witnesses, we won't have a problem."

Esmeralda pouted, twirling her dark hair idly in one finger. "Are you sure they're going to talk?"

"We'll see what happens. For the time being, I'll get a list of the Law students. Then, maybe, on a Saturday, We'll go round asking questions."

"That sounds like a plan. I'm all in for it." A smile finally broke out on her face.

"Now, let's go study for his quiz. We might get lucky this time around."

Esmeralda stood up but stopped a bit when Pocahontas halted her a bit. "And I hope, Esmeralda, that after all this is over, you can make peace with Phoebus. I pity the face he makes when he looks at you. Poor guy."

"I'm not proud of it either. But all this drama had me so worried I had to cut some things from my life. I truly am sorry for myself."

"It comes with Frollo I guess. Perhaps I can finally come to terms with John if I do succeed as well."

Esmeralda smiled. Thank God she had somebody to share this with.

As they turned to go, they noticed Jasmine, seating at a corner, staring blankly into space, her phone in a tight clench in her palms.

"Jas?" Pocahontas snapped her out her thoughts.

Jasmine quickly broke away from her empty gaze and turned to look at the duo. Her face looked so pale and she appeared shaken.
But the wide smile she offered them proved otherwise.

"Weird much?" Esmeralda shook her head, feeling relieved that at least, it wasn't bad news.

"What's wrong, Jasmine? One minute you're frozen, the next you're smiling like a sheep. No dance for you today or what?"

Jasmine stood up. "I don't think I'll be dancing anytime soon anymore."

Esmeralda and Pocahontas exchanged glances. "Great, now everyone's leaving the team."

"No. I'm not leaving, guys. It's just that..." She quickly looked away and brushed her hair with her hand.

"Well spill it. My heart can't take on any more surprises." Esmeralda folded her arms.

Jasmine giggled again before turning to them. "I'm pregnant!"

-

A/N: An ENTIRE month! Phew. I'm sorry guys. And this chapter.wasnt exactly the best way to break my writer's block.
I just had to quickly pull something together...and fast.

Sorry the chapter was so short but in my defence, nothing much happens in classes anyway.

So...o The 15th of July (my dad's birthday BTW) was supposed to mark.this book's one year anniversary and I wanted to celebrate it by giving you guys three extra chapter in a rush.

Guess that didn't work out because of my massive load of work. (Yes, even during this summer, there's work for me). But I do promise you an update tonight!

*Crowd goes wild*

Thank you, thank you. And thank the best readers a girl could ever ask for. I love all of you and even more, those that inspire me to go forward. WhatTheHeehaw and Tjay_Phoenix

God bless you forever!!!