Chapter 41

I'll cut down on my Author's Notes, really. But I need to show excitement. I'm really grateful for all the support so far and I know I'll soon start wrapping up (not so soon, I have to end many things).
In a total sum-up, Thank You guys so much for the support so far. I can't believe I could even go this far.
Writing is such a headache but when you keep on seeing reads, it's a huge motivation. Keep it up, lovely readers.

_________________________________________
"How on earth do you know we'll not get caught?" Esmeralda questioned for the millionth time. She pulled her black beanie once more down her ears.

"My God, I don't know, Esmeralda. When one is desperate to graduate, she is willing to do anything."

"We really should have done this online, don't you think?"

"There's no way Frollo would keep record of all his results on the internet. That guy is the devil's spawn."
Pocahontas swiftly put her forefinger up to her lip, silencing Esmeralda as they pressed their backs to the wall, ensuring their covers wouldn't be blown.

It was very unhealthy but they had to get anything that would vindicate their cases. The Christmas holiday was coming up, examination following.

Worst part was that, everybody carried on with their businesses, ignoring the girls' plight. It could only mean one thing.

Only the two of them were being harassed.

It was a realization that Pocahontas could not succumb to.
She had to find any student at all that was getting straight A's or straight F's from Frollo's law lectures.

Even if it meant sacrificing a good night's sleep.

Esmeralda was more than unwilling to stay up all night looking for evidence, but she came to realize that Pocahontas probably needed to graduate more than she did.

Both of them ran over to the office door. Esmeralda slapped her back against the wall next to the door while Pocahontas crouched in front of  the door then cuddled through her hair for a hair clip.

"No kidding. You're going to pick a lock? I've never seen that up close before."

"Shh. Esme? Be on watch, remember?"

"Whatever."

Pocahontas pressed her ear to the lock on the handle and continued trying to pick the lock.
Seconds later and...*Click* "Jackpot!" She stood up, her heartbeat rising, either out of excitement or out of fear.

"Come on, Esme. We have to be quick."

"We have to also pick his cabinet lock open. You prepared for that, Poca?"

"If I wasn't, would I have bothered coming up with this?"

"You really came prepared, didn't you?"

"There's no way I'm spending another year in that man's class! Now, stop talking so much, for just tonight. We have to get at least something." Pocahontas flicked on her flashlight and went ahead.

Esmeralda rolled her eyes. Sleep-deprived but really eager to see what they could find.
She closed the door gently behind them, watching Pocahontas walk quickly towards the large oak cabinet.

"Esme, quick. Check if the drawers under his table budge. We'll search everywhere." She rubbed the lock of the cabinet lightly, as if mastering the shape of the lock.