Chapter 4

There was a knock on the door, Kalika slowly rose, rubbing her eyes she opened the door. There at the door was Ophion, he looked at the tired girl in front of him, a mess she was. Kalika narrowed her eyes but stood there, she crossed her arms.

"What is it?" She harshly asked.

Ophion looked at her, he wasn't ashamed, but he felt pity. He knew what it was like to be captured and used. 

"Breakfast in an hour. Here," he handed two stacks of clothes to her. "Are the clothes you are going to wear for the rest of your time here."

She took the clothes, one for Jayce, one for her. She sighed and looked at Ophion. "Where do I wash these?" She asked him.

"You gotta do it yourselves, there is a room for that, don't worry," He paused to look at Kalika's expression, cold, angry, and yet sad. "I'll take you on a tour of this place."

Kalika looked at the clothes, then back at Ophion. "Anything else?" She paused. "Ophion."

"N-no." He stuttered. The way she had said his name startled him, the fact that she knew it shocked him. 

Kalika closed the door as Ophion left. She walked to her bed, she sighed as she plopped onto the hard bed. She put Jayce's set of clothes on his bed, there was a curtain in the room, probably for her to change. She went behind the blue curtain, minutes later she came out wearing one of the sets of clothing.

Jayce opened his eyes to see Kalika in a new outfit, he stared at the beautiful magenta coloured dress that reached her feet. The dress was simple, with a cyan sash tied at her waist, her straps were a lavender colour, pinned with silver, one strap going off her right shoulder. Gold threads lined her dress, making the magenta bright.

Jayce blinked, making sure this was the Kalika he had seen before he'd slept the night before. He smiled and sat up, at his feet was his new clothes, he took a tunic and a sash. He walked to the curtain and changed.

He came out wearing a white tunic with a red sash across his front, he felt strange wearing a slave's clothes, but it would have to do. He set his old clothes in the basket at the foot of his bed, just as Kalika had done before. He watched as Kalika did her hair, a high ponytail, he decided to clean up his hair a little. He ruffled it, making it look a little messy. 

Kalika finished with what she was doing, she got up and set the rest of her clothes neatly on the bed, she folded the blanket and put it on the pillow. Kalika stared out the window, a breeze went by, making the curtains flutter.

"Come on, we have to go to breakfast Jayce." She said as she headed for the door.

"Right..." He looked at his own bed, not bothering to clean it up. 

He followed Kalika out the room, she started to talk to Ophion. He waited for her, by her side, listening to their conversation. Mostly about the tour, what they were going to do, and where the breakfast was going to be.

"Thanks, Ophion." She said and walked away, Jayce following.

They entered a room, full of people; servants and slaves to be more specific. Kalika went over to a table, just as Ophion had said to, she got food for herself, she watched as Jayce stared blankly at everything.

"You're a slave here rich boy." She said, teasing him. "You have to get your own food."

He nodded and took some food, not much. Kalika went to sit at an empty table, Jayce followed her and sat in a chair in front of her. They slowly ate, talking every so often. Just as they finished, Ophion came by.

"Okay, first of all. Starting tomorrow, food will be brought to your room, same time each day, just be awake for the knock." He said to Kalika and Jayce.

"Okay, lemme guess, tour now?" Jayce asked.

"Yup, get up and get moving." He waved his hand for them to follow.

As he showed them where everything was, they ran into Nilo again. Kalika rolled her eyes, she really didn't like the guy. He smiled and stopped them.

"I have the perfect job for you both." He said to them. "My servants."

Kalika looked at him, not tempting to argue.

"You," Nilo pointed at Kalika. "my darling, your name?"

"Kalika." Her voice sugar coated.

"And you?" He faced Jayce.

"Jayce sir." He said as he faced the man.

Nilo nodded, he paced a little, thinking about the best jobs for the two. He smiled and looked to Kalika.

"Come with me, both of you." He paused. "When you're done with your tour of course."

Ophion nodded and proceeded with his tour. They went around the building, many Spartan things up on the walls, many things around them. Ophion introduced them to some of the others around, they seemed welcoming enough. Soon, they finished their tour and they returned to Nilo, in what seemed to be a throne room. 

Nilo smiled mischievously and watched as Kalika and Jayce entered the room together. The guards at the door pushed them in, both stumbling as they entered.

"Finally," Nilo stated.

"What are we here to do?" Kalika remembered Ophion's advice during their tour. "Mighty Nilo." Get on his good side, by faking your way through it.

Nilo smiled, he set his hand down on the armrest of the chair he was sitting on. "Well, you." He pointed at Jayce. "Are to be joining with Ophion, you'll be his assistant."

Jayce nodded, remembering that he wouldn't talk unless needed, he walked towards Ophion and stood straight beside him.

"As for you." Nilo thought, looking at a blank wall. He turned to Kalika."Are mine for now."

She looked at Jayce, he saw the desperation on her face. He didn't know why, maybe because he was never a slave or servant, but whatever it was, it didn't seem fun. Ophion pulled him away into another room, leaving Kalika with Nilo.

Kalika walked towards Nilo, he grabbed her hand gently and pulled her closer.

"Why do you think I gave you some of the best clothes I have?" He smiled.

---------------------

I hope you enjoyed this! It's getting interesting now, isn't it???

Please tell me what I can work on, it's for a contest!!!!! I hope you enjoyed! 

Please: Comment, Follow, Vote, Share & Add! *

*If you do one of those things, you have an opportunity to have a book shout out, or profile shout out. I'll pm you when I see the notification, and please don't tell me, I'll know.