Chapter 26

Echo watched as Kalika pulled 2 more horses that were connected to the 2 wagons. She decided that she knew how to help out.

"Hey, Kalika, take my horse." She got off and walked over to the wagons and sat down on the front part of the wagon, taking those reins.

"Thanks, Echo, I owe you." She took Echo's horse's reins and stared at Ophion.

"Why are you staring at me?" Ophion wondered out loud.

"Your turn, you're taking the other horse," Kalika said as she put her hand out for his rein.

"Oh," Ophion swung his leg over one side of the horse and got down, handing Kalika the rein. He got onto the other wagon and took the reins and started to ride beside Echo.

Kalika looked to the four brothers, waiting for one to step out and take the rein. Finally, Cyrus came and took the two reins, handing one to Darius.

"Wait, when we get to Athens, shouldn't you get off the horse?" Lucas asked as he sided Kalika.

"Why?" Kalika questioned as he looked into his eyes.

"Oh, you haven't heard," Cyrus said silently.

"Heard what?" Kalika said with a worried voice.

After a pause of silence, Darius spoke up. "They don't really wanna see girls on horses, and now all of Athens has heard of what you are doing, they're gonna be looking down at you."

"Oh, well, I guess I am stuck riding either in a wagon or with one of you." Kalika sighed as she patted Andor.

Lucas, Cyrus and Darius shared a look. They knew that they couldn't spoil the trip for her, but they also knew what their family and Kalika's family wanted them to do, so they would have to somehow come up with a plan.

"Hey, look," Kalika said as they passed a waterfall. "Anyone thirsty?"

"Yeah," Ophion said from behind.

"Me too." Echo said.

"Us too," Marcus said for the four.

They all got off their horses, tieing them to a tree branch, then heading to the waterfall and putting their hands under the cool water. Soon, they were taking their sips of water and were finished with it quickly.

"You're not gonna take a drink?" Cyrus asked as he untied his horse and took Ophion's horse too.

"Nah," Kalika replied. "I'm fine, plus, we need to get moving."

Darius looked at Lucas, they both knew that she would need water at some point, but they didn't want to push her either. Lucas got a bottle and got some water, he walked past Andor, and while Kalika wasn't looking, he put it in one of the sacs carefully and went to his horse.

Darius watched as they all got ready to leave, Darius already had taken the reins away from the tree and was now already riding. He handed Echo's horse to Marcus and watched as Cyrus handed Ophion's to Lucas.

"You guys sure you don't want me to take a horse?" Kalika asked as they walked along.

"Sure," Marcus said as they kept going.

Cyrus saw Lucas come up to him, Darius too. They looked at each other, he really didn't want to go back to Athens, he didn't want to tell Marcus or Kalika more news, but they had to.

"We should tell those two," Lucas said as he tugged Ophion's horse along.

"Right, because they wouldn't tell her," Cyrus said as he kept going.

"They wouldn't, I've talked," Darius replied. "Haven't told them the truth though."

~*~

"We'll be arriving soon, you really can't be on your horse," Darius said as they came to a grove of trees.

"Fine, where am I riding?" Kalika asked. "Oh, and she needs to be somewhere else too." Kalika pointed to Echo.

"Right," Cyrus said as he slowly came to a stop.

"Any space in the wagons?" Echo asked as she stopped beside Cyrus.

"No, it only fits two, Renee and Filia," Ophion said as he stopped behind them.

Lucas watched as they tried to figure it out, and soon he came up with an idea. "How about you two ride with some of us?"

Kalika and Echo exchanged a glance, Kalika knew that Echo probably didn't want to, after all, she didn't know the four boys, but she also knew that it was on a horse or walking.

"Okay, I'm willing, but two of you will have to lead our horses, and since Nick and Nikolos are awake, you don't have to lead any other horses like before," Kalika said as she got down from Andor.

"I'll take Kalika's horse," Darius said as he took hold of Andor's rein.

"I'll take Echo's then," Cyrus responded as he watched her climb down from her horse.

"So, I guess we get Lucas and Marcus." Echo said as she handed her horse's rein to Cyrus.

"Lucas, Marcus, you guys get to choose who is with who." Kalika said as she looked at Echo and smiled slightly.

"I'll take Echo," Lucas said as he got his horse beside Echo. "Behind or in front miss?"

"Which ever will do." Echo said as she picked up her dress, taking Lucas's hand to get on the back of the horse, her legs on one side because of the dress.

"So, you and me again," Marcus said as he watched Kalika walk towards him.

"Yeah, where do you want me to sit?" She asked as she looked up at him.

"Front," Marcus smiled as he got off his horse, he put out his hand and helped her up the horse and sat her in front.

Marcus climbed up after her and sat behind her grabbing the rein with her. He felt her hands near his and smiled as everyone continued to ride. As they passed the grove of trees, he spotted Athens, his home. He decided that he knew where they would go after getting Nick, Nikolos, Renee and Fillia home. 

Lucas watched as his twin rode with Kalika, he felt the presence of Echo behind him, but yet, couldn't feel her, and he knew that she could fall if she wasn't holding on.

"Echo, hold on okay? No need to be nervous." Lucas said as he moved a bit closer to the front.

"O-okay." She said as she moved closer to him and held on.

"We'll be there soon guys, get ready for whatever is in our way," Kalika said as they hurried along.

---------------------

I hope you guys enjoyed this!!!! Sorry, it took so long to update, I promise that I'll try to update more.

I wanted to update earlier, but I had to go around doing some stuff, and I've been going through some stuff, and to add to it, school is coming around the corner.

Well, tell me what I can do to improve this book!!!

Please: Comment, Follow, Vote, Add & Share!