Chapter 10

Kalika rode the horse towards a river. She sighed as she got off of Andor, she ran her hand through his mane and pulled him closer towards the water. She watched as he bent his head to drink the water.

She sighed as she sat down on the grass, Andor had deserved himself a rest, she decided that she would let him take a break before finding Ajax and his family. Andor came up to her, nudging her carefully. Kalika got up and rubbed his neck, she got onto the horse and held onto his rein. She got into a gallop, hurrying to Jayce's house.

She leapt off the horse, she heard bustling inside, but only loud enough to be one person. She ran into the house, no one on the bottom floor, but she heard a sound from outside. Kalika slowly walked to the backyard. There, sitting on a stone bench was the girl she hadn't seen in so many years.

"Kalika?" She whispered, tears in her eyes.

"Echo!" Kalika exclaimed.

~*~

Jayce still hadn't found his family yet, he had seen Pippo in the crowd, he nodded to him only. Until Jayce ran to him and held him, Pippo smiled down at him and patted his back, hugging him. Pippo ruffled his hair and let go. Pippo had been the only person from his family that he had seen since he got to Athens, he was happy with that. 

"Where have you been?" Pippo asked as he picked up the shield he had dropped.

"Sparta," Jayce said quietly.

Pippo raised a brow. For once, Jayce could see what his brother was like now, he had changed. He had auburn, curly hair. Pippo's face had changed over the years, no longer did he have a childish face, now serious, strong, watchful, and more things he couldn't describe. 

He had grown, he was quite tall now, much taller than Jayce. He was buff, bigger and in a way, scarier. Yet, Jayce always knew he could trust his brother to be there, even though he wouldn't ever be the same.

"Mom and dad are looking for you." He finally said.

"I know that, I just can't find them," Jayce confessed.

"They're at home silly." Pippo put his hand on Jayce's shoulder.

Jayce smiled. He loved it when his brother would play around with him, but after leaving home, he didn't feel the same. Even though Pippo always had his back, there had been something about him that made him stand out, maybe the way that he was with Jayce, but there was something distinct.

"Go," he tilted his head back. "find mom and dad." He put his hand down.

Pippo watched as Jayce stared at him, he loved his brother dearly, but he had never been one to show that he did. He knew his brother well enough that he was smart, but not smart enough to get out of Sparta alone.

"Tell me before you go, who were the two with you?" He asked. "Servants maybe?"

"Pippo, don't you remember Kalika?" Jayce wondered why he wouldn't remember her.

Pippo thought for a moment. "Yes, I do remember her."

"That was her!" Jayce exclaimed. "The other one is Ophion, he got captured last year."

"Ophion.... I know him." Pippo closed his eyes. "I know him well." he opened them and peered into Jayce's curious eyes.

"How?" Jayce's eyebrows scrunched up as he tried to figure it out.

"Don't hurt yourself." He smiled. "He's my nephew."

"What!" Jayce practically screamed. "How is that possible!"

~*~

Kalika squeezed Echo. She had missed her so much, ever since Kalika had come to help Ajax's family, she had been at Echo's side, until she left. 

"Where have you been?" Kalika let go of Echo.

Echo took in a deep breath. "I left, I didn't want to, but someone took me to another place, but I realized it wasn't a good place. He had promised the best for me, for me to be happy, I didn't have to marry or anything. But he never promised safety, fun, he gave me work, work, work." Echo sighed.

Kalika watched as Echo got up and paced, Kalika turned to the oak tree where a white feathered owl sat, perched and watching them. Echo stopped her pacing and sat beside Kalika, she took her hands. 

"Look, I'm sorry if I was ever hard to you before, now I know what it is like to be a servant." Her piercing blue eyes looked into Kalika's.

"It's fine Echo." She smiled. "Now give me a moment, I need to see your parents."

Echo nodded and watched as she left when she left she thought about her family and looked at the owl. I need to see my parents too. She stared at the owl. "Please Athena, help me." she finally said.

Kalika rushed up the steps to the top floor. She looked into many of the rooms, not able to find many things there. Finally, she came upon a room with two people in it. Ajax and Calypso.

"Ajax, Calypso?" Kalika asked quietly.

"Yes?" Ajax turned around to see Kalika.

His eyes were wide, he stood up and hugged her, lifting her off the ground. It had been so long since they had seen each other. Kalika smiled and stayed still, the loyal servant she was. 

"What news do you bring?" Calypso came up to them and made Ajax set her down.

Kalika looked at Calypso, she had always feared her, she had never been so nice to her. They hadn't had a bad history, but Calypso was just like that to her and any of the servants around.

"I have just come back from the Sparta," Kalika responded.

The two gasped as they heard the news. "My, why would you go there?" Ajax asked.

"I was captured, as was Jayce." Calypso stepped back, into Ajax's arms. "But, we have both returned safely."

"Where is he now?" Calypso eyed Kalika.

"At the front line, he was crowded and I believe he met Pippo as well," Kalika replied strongly.

"Thank you, dear." Ajax smiled. "Anything else?"

Kalika looked down the steps, Echo hadn't followed her. She was hoping she would have to come and meet her parents.

"Your daughter has come home."

---------------------

I hope you enjoyed this!

Tell me what you love so far!

Please: Comment, Follow, Vote, Share & Add