Chapter 43

Kalika stared into Marcus's eyes. She put a hand on his shoulder and shook her head. She didn't want him to leave her, especially not alone with her family.

"I'll be okay Kalika, it may be my first war, but I did learn from the best," He said, referring to his brothers.

Kalika nodded and let Marcus leave. It was the summer solstice, the day the war began. She had already joined back with Odysseus, Oceana and Rhodes. She had visited Jayce, who was now better and seen Echo. She had also seen Ophion on her way to the market one day, she was happy to see him happy with his sister.

Eris came by and pulled Kalika away. "Can you take me to Echo?" She requested.

"Yes, I could, come on," She headed outside and walked to the other end of the neighbourhood.

She knocked the door to be greeted by Calypso. Kalika knew that Calypso had never liked her, before, now she figured she did a little. After all, Kalika did get her daughter home.

"My, a pleasure to see you here Kalika," She said as she opened the door, wide enough that now she was Eris. "Oh, and dear Eris, it's been so long!"

"Yes, it has, do you think I can see Echo?" Eris requested once more.

Calypso nodded and let them in, to the backyard where she would be. Kalika let Eris go in, she decided she was good going home now. She said her goodbyes to Calypso and left Eris to Echo.

She decided, she might go back to the hill, where she was able to see the Agora, where the front line was and most of the city. She walked towards the old tree that had been there when Jayce and Kalika had first talked, the memories. She remembered the time she had come by the front line, returning home the day before she turned 14, when she had taken Ophion and Jayce to their families.

She sighed and watched as the men rode away, hopefully, they would return, hopefully, Marcus would return to her. She realized that now, as she was getting older, she was maturing a little more, that month ago, she had hated the thought of she getting married, but now, it didn't seem too bad. She did like Marcus anyways, and he liked her.

~*~

"Are you okay doing this?" Eris questioned as she bent down to Kalika.

"I'm fine, just have to scrub the floor again, they think I ran away, and I can't change their mind about it," Kalika said as she took the cloth and wet it again.

"I never noticed how much work you did," Eris paused, "how much work you do."

Kalika smiled and kept scrubbing, but before she knew it, Eris stopped her. She took the cloth and made Kalika sit on the side. She took over for her, as she rested. Kalika said her thanks, but Eris didn't respond, she really was a tough one to crack. 

Kalika knew that they were going to get along, before, she used to be scared of Eris, but now, she hoped to see her as a friend.

~*~

Kalika smiled, happy to see Marcus's return. She ran down the hill and tackled him. He laughed and threw down his sheathed sword and shield. He gave her a hug and stood.

"I'm glad it's over," Kalika said as she stood.

"I am too, thank you for those tips," He said giving her a peck on the cheek.

"Hey, I didn't get captured for nothing," She replied as she walked away.

"Hey, you know, they had someone betraying us too?" He asked, picking up his weaponry.

"Yes, I did, Gergor right?" She replied as she picked a grape from their vines and placed them in their basket.

Marcus was confused, how could she have known? Whatever the reason was, he would find out later. He took some grapes, placing them in Kalika's basket. The war had gone on a truce just a few months back, only for one month, but he always had to be on alert then, but during that time, they had gotten married and had gotten a house.

Now, Marcus had returned, and it was worth a celebration. Which is why Kalika was collecting grapes, for dinner. She had already prepared a few things at home, but now, she had to finish everything.

"Would you like me to do the grapes? You can cook at home," Marcus said, taking the basket.

Kalika smiled and ran along to the house, where she would start cooking the soup, meats, and prepare the fruits and vegetables. She had to do her best, after all, she was doing this for Lucas, Marcus, Cyrus and Darius. 

Before she knew it, she ended up finishing. She set everything on the table and watched as Lucas entered, with a girl named Rhea, his wife. Cyrus came in with Helia and a baby girl and their son. Darius entered with Sirena and a baby boy. Eris and Katja had come to join as well. Marcus came in behind all of them and brought the basket to the table.

"Oh, thanks, Marcus, you got more than just the grapes," She smiled and washed the fruits, putting them back on the table.

They all started to chat and eat, but before they finished, Eris stood.

"I think we should give a toast, to Kalika," She said raising her cup. "She's done so much, sacrificed so much,"

Kalika felt her cheeks turn red, she shook her head, she didn't want to have this. Eeris refused to get down until she got the toast.

Everyone raised their cups and toasted to her, Kalika smiled, she felt herself blush and soon, she moved on, to another subject. They started to talk about the war and all of that. Soon, they finished, and Cyrus, Lucas, Darius, and Eris with their families went home. It was just Marcus, Kalika and Katja left.

"You are enjoying your stay yes?" Kalika asked Katja as she washed dishes.

"Yes I am, thank you for letting me stay while Tyvan is gone," She replied as she dried the dishes.

"Well, I think we're all good, I don't think we will be in any crazy things anytime soon." Kalika added as she wiped her hands on her apron.

Really, in the back of her mind, she knew that wasn't the case. She knew life was just starting, and that there was so much ahead of her.

---------------------

I hope you've enjoyed! I'm working real hard on this! It is 3 am now so I'll stop updating for the night, or morning now.

Please: Comment, Follow, Vote, Share & Add!!!