Chapter 20

Kalika walked on towards Athens, leading Nick's horse as he had fallen asleep on his horse. She couldn't afford to stop, she needed to get to Athens and back. She hurried, without stopping, as she looked up at the sky, she realized she hadn't slept for two days, but she didn't mind. She watched as Nick slowly woke up.

"Morning sleepy head." She said as she passed him his rein.

He rubbed his eye with one hand and took the rein. "How long have I been asleep?"

"A whole night," Kalika said as she rode.

Nick got riding beside Kalika and looked up ahead. He couldn't wait to get back home, but he could sure wait for the attack. He looked to Kalika, he wondered if they had stopped to rest, but as he looked ahead, he realized that she hadn't, because they were already in Athens.

"You haven't slept?" He asked as he saw Kalika wave at a man who was approaching them.

"Nope." She waved the man over and he walked towards them.

Nick hadn't gotten a good look at the man, but he was sure that he didn't know the guy. As they approached him, he stopped at Kalika's left side. Nick stopped his horse on her right side and watched as she swung her leg over and the man carried her down. Nick hopped off his horse and watched as Kalika came around.

"Nick I want you to meet a friend of mine." She said as she pulled him over.

"Pippo!" He exclaimed as he stared at his old friend.

Kalika smiled as she watched the two bond, she took the rein of Nick's horse and her own, making sure that they wouldn't run off.

"So what are you guys doing here?" Pippo asked as he looked down at Kalika.

"Well, we are looking for his sisters, and for a place, for them to stay," Kalika said as she handed Nick his rein.

"Oh, I know where Samia and Maia are," Pippo said as he led them throughout the city.

Nick followed his old friend with his horse close behind. Kalika just walked on, not joining the conversation. He wondered how he had known about Pippo, how they knew each other, and why she hadn't told him in the first place, but he was okay with it, it couldn't hurt to have a surprise here and there.

As they went on, they passed some houses, many of which were small one floored houses. Nick spotted girls working and boys who were farming. He saw laundry drying off, animals wandering around a few of the bigger houses, and many families spending time together. 

Pippo stopped them in front of a medium sized house, it was dirty white, fit for a few people to live in. He knocked on the closed wooden door. Nick heard soft small footsteps. The door opened and they saw two girls.

"Hey girls," Nick said as he let go of the rein at the sight of his younger sisters.

Pippo took hold of the fallen rein and watched as they reunited. He knew Samia and Maia well, Nick would often talk about them before he had left for Sparta. Samia was 13 and Maia was 34. Behind them, a man approached them, Nick recognized him.

"Nick?" The man said.

"Yup." Nick smiled and looked him in the eye. "It's me Dorion."

"Wow, what are you doing here?" Dorion asked as he looked at him and Pippo.

"We are coming home, but we need a place, Sparta is just too much now." He said.

Nick told them the rest of the story and Pippo left them, leaving both horses to Kalika. Maia stared at Kalika who seemed to be waiting. She went down the steps to her and took hold of Nick's horse.

"He doesn't clean up after himself much." She smiled as she walked to the back of their house.

Kalika followed her, she guessed that she was Maia, but she wouldn't be sure. As she caught up, Maia started chatting with her more, and she responded.

"So, do you live in Athens or Sparta?" She asked.

"I live in Athens, I work for Ajax, you probably know him," Kalika replied.

"Cool, I used to work for them, but no longer." Maia took a good look at Kalika. "Aren't you Jayce's new servant?"

"Yeah, but me, his sister and a guy named Ophion left to go to Sparta, learn more about them so we can help Athens," Kalika said as she tied her horse next to Nick's.

"Mom!" A little boy shouted. "Who was at the door?"

"It was my brother Vareck." She said as she picked the small boy up. "And this is Kalika." She pointed to the girl in front of them.

"Hi, Kalika!" He cheerfully said.

Maia put Vareck down and held his hand, Kalika followed them as they went back to the front of the house.

"Has Nick been good to you?" Maia asked as she let go of Vareck who ran towards Dorion.

What a strange question to ask. Kalika thought to herself. "Yeah, he's been good to me."

"Good, we should get you to your family." They walked through the grass to the open front door.

"No, we don't have time, I have to go back to Sparta to get my friends and your family." She said as they walked into the house.

"Alright then, but thank you for helping my family," Maia said as she went into a room, and Dorion and Nick weren't inside that one.

Samia was sitting at the table, drinking a cup of water. She smiled as Kalika and Maia walked in, she put down her cup and went into the kitchen and brought two cups of water in.

"Thanks for bringing him back," Samia said as she handed one cup to Kalika then the other to Maia.

"Of course," Kalika said as she sat on the opposite end of the small table.

Maia sat on the long side of the table, so she could face both of them at the same time. "So, let me guess, my dad has already asked you some stuff right?" Maia asked Kalika.

"About what?" She asked as she put the cup on the table.

"About you and Nick," Maia said as she took a sip of water.

---------------------

I hope you enjoyed! I love making these stories, and now I'm getting into a better routine for it! Please do support this story so it will have more content!

It's the 20th chapter!!!! woohoo! and it's only been published for  32 days! That's a lot of chapters for only 32 days.

BTW I have a contest going on, check out my profile so yeah!

Tell me what your fave part is so far!

Please: Comment, Follow, Vote, Share & Add!