Chapter 24

"So, what is it you wanted to tell me?" Kalika asked as they rode forward.

"That, Nikolos asked me to-" But soon, she got cut off by the sound of Ophion's voice.

"Hey, guys, what are you talking about?" Ophion rode beside Echo.

Echo looked at Ophion, and soon he got the message. He backed away and rode beside Filia/Sofi. They talked on, and Echo turned back to see them enjoying themselves, so now she knew it was time to tell Kalika the news.

"So, you were saying?" Kalika asked as she patted Andor's mane.

Echo took a deep breath in, third times a charm. She thought as they kept going. She turned to face Kalika's smiling face, Echo didn't want to ruin Kalika's day, she seemed happy, and Echo couldn't ruin that for her.

"Echo?" Kalika waved a hand in front of Echo, she had zoned out, trying to think of a way to say it to her.

She turned back and saw Nikolos looking at her, she knew that he wanted her to tell Kalika, but she just couldn't bring herself to do it.

"Never mind Kalika, let's just focus on getting home." Echo finally answered. She held her rein tight, she felt sweat dripping from her hands.

"Alright then." Kalika looked forward and went up ahead of the rest of them.

Echo was surprised, that wasn't the reaction she was expecting, she thought that Kalika would push for the answer, she seemed like a kind of girl who would do whatever she could to get what she wanted, but now she knew that she wouldn't. From behind, she heard her humming and continuing forward.

~*~

They had been riding for a few hours, and they were slowly getting closer, Kalika was leading because she was sure where she was going, she had a great memory and because she had been going back and forth.

Kalika took her responsibility very seriously, she knew she had to get this family and her friends back to Athens safely, if she didn't, she would have a weight on her shoulders, weighing her down. She didn't want to fail them, and she hadn't done that yet.

Kalika turned her head and stopped her horse, the others stopped behind her. Ophion rode beside her.

"What is it?" He whispered as he looked into her eyes.

Ophion knew that at the moment, she was alert, she had seen or heard something, and probably knew that it wasn't a good idea to stop, but they had to figure out what it was.

"Just wait..." Kalika got off her horse and walked towards some trees and bushes.

"Who's out there?" Kalika said, she stepped closer, cautious, and ready to run.

Just as Kalika walked forward, an arm reached out and pulled her into the woods.

"Kalika!" Ophion shouted.

He jumped off his horse, and heard a thud of feet, it was Echo's. They looked at each other and nodded, they had to find Kalika. They ran into the forest and looked around.

"Kalika!" Echo shouted, she was worried.

~*~

Kalika struggled against the hand around her mouth, finally, she decided to let whoever was taking her to take her. She let loose, and let them drag her, her feet moving as fast as theirs.

The two people taking her felt her slump, and soon, she went limp. They looked at each other and set her on a rock, soon they watched her open her eyes and look at the two.

Kalika was about to hit them, but when she saw their faces, she was overcome with joy.

"Mark! Luke!" She smiled and hugged the two boys. "What are you doing here? And why?!" 

"I'm sorry, but your father sent us," Luke said. "Oh, Cy and Dari are here too."

Kalika turned her head to see two more boys come forward. "Hi Cyrus, Darius."

"Sup." They said in union.

"Guys, I have to get back, I need to get a family to Athens, and my friends, and now you four." She said to the four brothers.

Mark and Luke looked at each other and smiled. Cyrus and Darius shared a glance and then looked at the other two.

"You're with Nick, Nikolos, Filia and Renee aren't you?" Cyrus asked as he sat beside Kalika.

"Yeah, how did you know?" Kalika asked.

"Because Nick sent us letters, he's a good friend of ours," Darius responded as he sat on Kalika's other side.

Kalika looked at Mark and Luke, of course, like the others, that was only their nick names, they were Lucas and Marcus. It wasn't really a Greek name, but their parents decided to use that name for them anyway.

She had grown up with Mark and Luke, and they had been there for her, along with her siblings. She had known a lot about Mark and Luke, and a lot of people would be amazed that she was able to tell the difference between the two, since they were twins. She simply remembered all their facial features.

"Well, whatever, I have to go back, but thanks." Kalika got up and walked away, but instead Mark and Luke blocked her from going.

"We're coming with you," Mark said to her.

"Fine, but you better have a ride." She said as she walked away.

The boys shrugged and followed her away. Marcus looked at two people coming their way, then he looked at his twin, they shared a glance, but they saw that Kalika didn't seem to be afraid, so they went on anyway.

"Who is that?" Lucas finally asked.

"Oh, Echo and Ophion," Kalika replied as they continued to the road. "Hey, guys."

Kalika looked at Echo and Ophion, they both seemed to figure out that the four boys were okay, and they didn't need to worry. Echo got on her horse, and soon the four boys came out with their horses too.

Echo knew she had to tell Kalika soon, but she just couldn't bring herself to it, and now, as she watched her chat with Marcus, Lucas, Cyrus and Darius, she knew that she couldn't tell her, the 5 had a connection, and she also knew what her brother would think, but every time she hesitated, she saw the painful stare that Nikolos gave her.

---------------------

Thanks for reading this guys! 24th chapter!!!! I hope to make this story have 50 chapters or more!

Please tell me what you'd like to see more, and what else I should add!

Please: Comment, Follow, Vote, Share & Add!