Chapter 48

Kalika could only wonder where she was going, where she would end up. She sat in the wagon, leaning on one side. She hoped what Nilo said wasn't really true, she needed to find her way out, she needed her friends and family to be able to find her too.

"Nilo," She said as she turned her head to him. "Can we stop?"

"Now, I'm not falling for that again," He chuckled, "Why would I do that?"

"Water," Kalika said, as she faked a sore, dry throat.

Nilo squinted his eyes, but finally, he gave in, he stopped on the side of the path and went to the back and he walked towards the back fo the wagon, where he had a sealed pot of water. Kalika smiled as Nilo handed her a cup that he had just poured water into. She took her sip with her tied hands and handed the cup back to him. Soon, he closed the pot best he could, then walked back to the front and started to ride again.

Kalika sighed as she looked beyond, she had to figure out a plan to get out, maybe this time to get Nilo captured, but she knew that it would work out... somehow.

~*~

"Does she normally give up herself like that?" Eurycratides asked Marcus and everyone else.

Everyone turned heads to see who would give the answer, what everyone thought. Slowly, each and every one of them nodded their heads. Looking at Eurycratides in the eyes.

"She's always done it for me. Every day," Oceana replied, stepping up beside Marcus.

"As for us," Rhodes said for him and Odysseus, "All the time," Odysseus finished.

"She's never failed to put herself before others," Cyrus agreed, crossing his arms and looking at Eurycratides.

Slowly, everyone started giving their opinions and answers and Eurycratides listened to each and every one of them.

"She sacrifices a lot of herself for the sake of those she loves, and those she doesn't even know," Darius said as he put one hand on one of his arms.

"She's done it for me before, and for my brother, she's done too much for us," Lucas said as he stepped up to Marcus's other side, putting an arm around him.

"I agree, I was there when she was almost taken away." Marcus paused and looked at the others, "She made sure everyone got out first, then she got out last, in the fields. She was almost taken away, we might have lost her if she didn't jump out right where she was."

Eurycratides didn't know what to think, this girl was clearly amazing, one that was brave, honourable. He knew he needed to get her back, but how, if Nilo was still around, it would be impossible, it would be hard.

~*~

It was nightfall and Nilo had finally fallen asleep. Kalika was wide awake, deciding on what she could and would do. She could sneak away, but then he'd try and find her. She always had the choice to put him down, to kill, but she knew she couldn't do that, ever.

She could only wish that someone would find her, she could only hope that she'd get out of the situation, but she knew, if this kept her family safe, she had to do it.