Chapter 18

"Now Sofi," Theo said. "Don't be rude."

"Rude?" Sofi turned to him. "I just wanna know them."

Echo and Kalika exchanged a glance, if they did anything, they could endanger themselves. Theo looked at Kalika, and she looked at him, then back to her friends. 

"I guess, it would be okay right?" Ophion said as he unravelled his mask.

Echo and Kalika did the same thing, dropping the cloths to the floor.

A soft gasp came from Sofi. "I know you."

Ophion and Kalika looked at each other, at that moment, they both knew how much danger they could be in. Kalika decided she would just go with it, try her best to improvise.

"You do?" She asked innocently.

"Yeah, I've seen you around at Nilo's place..." she thought for a moment. "The ones who got away!" She exclaimed.

Theo looked at Ophion, then Echo and finally Kalika. His eyes dropped to the floor and he put his hand on Sofi. 

"Time for you to go to bed." He said as he led her out.

Kalika turned around. "We're doomed."

"I'm so sorry." Theo apologized.

Kalika turned around to see Theo, an apologetic look on his face. He walked towards Kalika and the others, looking at them in the eye. He looked out the window, it was already dark, and they couldn't stay too long, that would be dangerous.

"It's alright," Kalika said as she looked down.

Theo turned his head. "You're here because of the Spartans aren't you?"

Ophion nodded his head. "I was Nilo's number one servant, but people must've forgotten by now." he said. "but we surely are from Corinth, uh, the three of us just know Corinth is on the way to Athens so we are careful." Ophion made up.

Kalika turned to Ophion, he could've given them away, Echo and her exchanged a glance, dangerous if they said more.

"Well, time for bed." Echo said as she walked towards her bed.

"Well, I haven't told my family yet, but have a good night," Theo said as he left the room.

~*~

Kalika woke up and went outside to the backyard. She found Theo sitting there, in the dim morning light.

"Theo?" Kalika said as she sat beside him. 

"Oh, hello," Theo said as he looked at her grey eyes.

They spent awhile sitting there and chatting, watching the sun rise slowly, the colours filling the sky. Slowly, they got to know each other, surprisingly the others hadn't woken up yet.

"Hey, Clea, can you keep a secret?" Theo finally asked.

Kalika was confused, she barely knew Theo, and yet, he was okay with sharing secrets, it was strange, but she decided she could deal with it.

"Sure," Kalika said as she twirled her loose hair.

Theo bent in and whispered into Kalika's hair, who abruptly stopped twirling the loose hairs. She leaned back and looked at Theo. 

"Not kidding?" She asked.

Theo shook his head as he stood up and went back inside, leaving Kalika alone to think. She sighed as she looked at the sky, she felt a hand on her shoulder, turning her head, she saw Ophion.

"What was that all about?" Ophion asked.

"We just got to know each other even better." She said with a sigh.

Ophion sat next to her and looked into her gloomy eyes. He knew something was up, but he also knew if he had to try and coax the truth out of her, it would be the hardest thing he'd do that day. Yet he really wanted to help out.

"What did he tell you?" He asked. "Did you tell him anything?"

"No, it's just what he said," Kalika replied. "I can't say what though."

Ophion put his arm around her and side hugged her, sometimes, when he did things like this he felt like he was being her big brother. Sometimes, he wished they were siblings. Ophion brought his arm back and set it on his lap.

Echo came out and sat beside Ophion. "Anything new?"

"No, but Theo told Kalika something, although I think she promised not to tell, so something's up," Ophion replied as he got up.

"Well, we should get breakfast." Echo said as she got up, pulling Kalika with her.

They all went inside to see Cy and Eda preparing breakfast for them. Sofi was already gone, most likely working for someone or something. Kalika wondered why she was still in the house, by now, she would be married or something like that. Then she remembered that Theo had said that she was, she just works more often for Cy and Eda.

Theo sat at the table, he waved the others over and got Kalika to sit with him. Kalika turned to Echo, hoping that she would know what to do. Kalika wasn't used to having someone adore her so much.

They ate the food and chatted, Kalika had to do a lot of lying. Finally, she turned to Theo who looked at her strangely, as if he knew that she was lying. She smiled and turned back.

Ophion looked at Kalika, right now was a bad time to be just randomly saying things, none of them had been to Corinth long enough to know enough, but they couldn't stop the family from asking questions.

"So, have you guys been to Sparta before?" Cy asked as he drank his water.

Kalika looked at Ophion. "Um, no, but Aleka has right?" She turned to Echo.

"Y-yes I have, checking for a good place." Echo smiled looking at Kalika for support.

"Yeah, sadly, we couldn't find a place," Ophion said as he nodded.

"Oh, interesting," Eda said as she took the plates, ready to go and do the dishes.

Kalika got up and she picked up her, Ophion and Echo's plate and cups, she took them to the back, following Eda. As Kalika came back, she sat at the table beside Theo and Ophion. 

"Might I tell you something Aleka, Clea, and Helios?" Cy asked as he sat up.

"Of course." Echo replied as she looked at the other two.

He leaned in and quietly whispered. "You aren't the only Athenians here."

---------------------

I hope you enjoyed! Again, please support me!

I didn't have my blood test tomorrow, they moved it to next week on Thursday. So then I'll be slow for this.

BTW it has been exactly a month since I published the first chapter!

Please: Comment, Follow, Vote, Share & Add!