Chapter 19

Kalika looked at the family. She wondered what they meant. She wondered whether they could trust them, hopefully, they wouldn't be turned in or anything like that.

"What do you mean by that?" Kalika asked as she leaned closer to Ophion, away from Theo.

"We too are Athenians," Eda said. "Our daughter doesn't know, but we do."

"How come Sofi doesn't know?" Echo wondered aloud.

"Oh, her name isn't Sofi," Cy explained. "We don't use our real names around here."

Kalika had known that Theo had told her that Theo wasn't his real name, but he hadn't explained further, which had left her in confusion. She looked at the others, then back to the family.

"Then who are you?" Kalika asked.

"I am Nikolos, my wife is Renee." The one who was Cy replied as he sat back in his chair.

"I am Nick, and Sofi is Filia." They looked at the Theo, or at least he used to be Theo.

"My name is actually Echo, not Aleka." Echo confessed. "That's Ophion, not Helios. And that's Kalika, not Clea."

"We understand why you lied, we're here because we know of the betrayer, we tried to stop him, instead, he took us and now we are stuck here," Nick said.

"Gergor," Kalika said under her breath.

"Yes, him," Rena said as she sat at the table.

"We haven't told Sofi yet because she doesn't remember any of it, we've been in Sparta too long," Nikolos stated.

"Don't forget, we also have two sisters back in Athens, they just stayed because they've been working a lot," Nick said as he rubbed his hands slowly together.

"Who are they?" Echo asked, curious to know more.

"Samia and Maia," Nick replied as he stood up. "I remember being back in Athens, a good friend of mine was there, Pippo."

Echo looked at Kalika, and they were both smiling, then they turned to Nick. He hadn't known, he seemed confused but oh well, he'd have to find out for himself. Kalika realized that this could get really interesting, but she decided to not tell Nick just yet.

"Anyone that Sofi perhaps remembers?" Kalika asked.

"Well, her husband is back in Athens, he knows what we are doing so that's pretty much it," Rena replied as she stood beside Nick. "Her husband had come here to marry her, but then went back to Athens, telling her it was for a job."

"Oh, wow," Kalika said.

"Hey boys, let's go," Nikolos said as he stood and left to Ophion's room.

Ophion stood up and he and Nick went to the room, probably to let the ladies do their own talking. Nick followed his father in and they all started to talk, finally, Nikolos asked a question, that Nick had hoped that he wouldn't ask.

"Say, how old is Kalika?" He asked as he looked at Ophion.

"Fourteen," Ophion replied as he watched Nick.

"Her father is in Athens yes?" Nikolos questioned.

Ophion knew where he was going with this, most likely, in the end, Nick and Kalika would end up getting married or something strange, but he wouldn't know, and he didn't really want to know, yet he went on with the answers.

Nick looked at his father then to Ophion, he knew that Ophion probably felt strange answering these questions, but he was stuck doing it, and he couldn't get out of it. He also knew that his father was looking for someone, anyone for him, he wanted him to get married, usually in his family line, the men got married before they were 30, and he only had 5 years left before he was 30. Right now, he really wanted to focus on the Spartans and getting back to Athens, but his father had other things in mind.

"Dad, we don't need to talk about this now, we should be talking about the Spartans and how to get back to Athens," Nick said to his dad, who stopped in the middle of his question.

"Alright, alright." He said as he smiled. "So, we have enough horses for all of us and so do you, we need to bring food and such, and we need to be able to move. Do we have any ideas on how we are going to do this all?"

"Well, starting off, I, Kalika and Echo had packs on our horses, if you have wagons that would be even better, we can carry things in there," Ophion replied.

"Can you send a message to the Athenians ahead of time?" Nikolos asked as he looked forward.

"Maybe one of us could go and warn them and such, we can stay just a while longer as we'd be waiting for you," Ophion suggested.

"That's a great idea, I'll go," Kalika said as she entered the room.

"No, I should, I'm the oldest, after all, well besides my parents," Nick said as he watched Kalika stride in.

"You can both go," Nikolos said as he looked at the two.

"Right, why not. Any messages you have for us? We'll leave immediately." Kalika said as she packed what she had on her bed.

"No, Nick knows it, and I know that you'll know what we need," Rena said, leaning in the doorway.

"We'll tell Fillia all about this on our way, don't worry." Echo said, leaning on the wall.

"It's settled, we'll go there, and hopefully back to help you," Nick said as he exited.

Kalika followed him, Rena too, she handed Kalika a few packs of food, papers, blankets and many other things that they would need.

"Stay safe darling." She said to Kalika. "You too dear." She said as she waved to Nick, who was already on his horse.

"Good bye miss," Kalika said as she mounted her horse. "Let's go."

Nick and she rode off towards Athens, quietly as people stared at the two that they hadn't seen. Kalika rode up front and waited for Nick to catch up.

"Kalika, are you ready to go back?" Nick asked.

"Honestly, if I go back, it could be the worst thing for me," Kalika replied as they rode side by side.

Nick turned his head to face Kalika "Well, I'll be there for you."

---------------------

I hope you like this chapter! just one chapter away from having 20!!! Don't forget to support me in doing this, oh and correct me if I have anything strange, or wrong in my stories!

I have a graphic contest right now too if you'd like to check it out! Please do, it's on my profile.

Please: Comment, Follow, Vote, Share & Add!