Chapter 40

They were speechless. No words, her act was beautiful, brave, sacrificing, and loving. They walked out of the building and left her behind, something that they never wanted to do.

"I... I can't believe we're leaving you behind," Marcus said looking into Kalika's eyes.

"I know Marcus, I'll be fine," She said patting his cheek. "Just go, save yourselves before Nilo changes his mind,"

They nodded and they were off, gone, back to Athens. Kalika smiled and turned around, surprised to see Nilo behind her.

"Well, let's go, supper time," Nilo said pulling her inside.

Kalika looked back once more, she watched as two sets of dust clouds met each other, one turned around to follow the other. That would be her siblings turning to follow her best friends, to safety.

"Kalika," Nilo said, pulling her along.

Kalika turned back, sighing, she felt something wet fall down her cheek, a tear. Using one hand, she wiped it away, the other was picking up her dress so she wouldn't trip. Nilo smiled and brought her inside, she didn't know what was coming.

~*~

They kept going, it looked like they wouldn't be seeing Kalika for a while, but they might as well go back, either get help or try something, maybe visit Jayce and Echo.

Marcus rode with them and looked down at his hand. Kalika had slipped him a note as they had held hands.

Μην πείτε σε κανέναν. Κρατήστε τους αδελφούς και την αδερφή μου ασφαλείς, μένετε ασφαλείς. Ο μοναδικός σου, Kalika. It said.

Don't tell anyone. Keep my brothers and sister safe, you stay safe.

Your one and only, Kalika  

This was the only thing on his mind, Kalika. He couldn't help but want to go back to her, he couldn't resist. He sighed and watched as he kept riding, soon into a grove of trees. He sighed and looked to his brothers.

"Hey, she'll be okay, we'll come back for her." Darius said.

"We- Can't," Lucas said.

He showed them another note. Darius and Cyrus read it first, then Marcus grabbed it from Lucas, he couldn't stand it, he had to read it.

μην προσπαθήστε να έρθετε να με πάρετε. Μην βλάψετε τον εαυτό σας, θα επιστρέψω κάποια μέρα.

(don't try and come get me. Don't hurt yourselves, I'll return, someday.)

"What!" He yelled as they stopped riding.

"Hey, it's Kalika, we know her, she'll be strong, we all know that she'll be fine." Cyrus replied.

Deep inside, Cyrus wasn't sure, he sure hoped, but there was no telling what a Spartan could do to an Athenian, especially not if it was Nilo. They'd already had a bad enough experience with him years ago.

---------------------

I hope you've enjoyed! I know it's been a while since I've written, but I remember having a goal to have 50 chapters, the story finished, by 2018, so I'm trying my best. If I can get 2 chapters done each day, I'll be so close, so cheer me on!

Please: Comment, Follow, Vote, Share & Add!

I hope you enjoy! Because I stayed up till 3 AM to write this!