Chapter 39

She could only bang her head against the cell doors. She was stuck there, no way out, at least, not that she knew about. She sighed and left the door, all she could do was give up, nothing else could be done.

"Oh, Kalika!" I heard Nilo say.

"Ugh, it's him," I said to the boys.

They shook their heads, but Kalika couldn't stay and chat, when Nilo wanted her, he wanted her, and he wanted her bad, but Kalika didn't, yet, she still had to obey.

Kalika looked disgusted as he smiled and put a hand on her shoulder through the bars. "So, are you ready?"

"For what?" her reply came, harshly.

He shoved a dress at Kalika, a box of jewellery and let her out of the cell. "Get changed girl,"

Kalika was taken aback, but she brushed that aside, taking the dress and getting changed alone. As she came out, Nilo took her hand.

"Ah, my beautiful young lady, come," He said, pulling her away.

Kalika resisted and looked at her friends. "Let them go, at least let them come with me,"

"Fine, but you all have to be there with me," Nilo replied, going to the cell and unlocking it.

They nodded and followed him up the steps and watched Nilo. It truly felt like torture, to all of them. Finally, Nilo stopped to look at Kalika, asking her for the one thing she wanted.

"Nilo, your... grace," She hated saying that, "I wish that you let us go, if you can't, at least, please," She looked at each and every one of them, Marcus, Lucas, Darius and Cyrus, "Let my friends go,"

Nilo nodded, "You have my permission to leave boys, you're staying Kalika,"

"Kalika, why...?" Lucas asked.

"We can't leave you behind," Darius said as he took a step forward.

Cyrus stepped in with them, "Don't sacrifice yourself,"

Marcus stepped right to Kalika, who put a hand on his arm, "Guys, I'm doing this for you," She said looking at them, everyone but Marcus, finally, her eyes gazed into Marcus's, "I'm doing this because I love you,"