Chapter 29

Kalika found herself stuck in the back of a wagon again, and she didn't like it, she was just happy that she was with her sister and would be able to help out. Kalika stared at the other two people in the wagon, Darius and Jayce.

Kalika sighed as she put her hands up to her mouth, telling them to be quiet. Kalika reached into a hidden pouch on her dress and took out something wrapped in cloth. She unwrapped it with her tied hands, as quickly as she could.

Darius, Jayce and Oceana put their hands out and Kalika cut each of their ropes, then the ropes at their feet too. Darius took the sharp rock and cut Kalika's bonds and the ones at her feet, then handing it back to her, she wrapped it back up and hid it.

"Get out guys, just... jump, it doesn't matter if you get hurt, we'd rather have you hurt than back in Sparta," Kalika said as she looked around, they were covered, sort of like a cage, except you, could open the door.

The thing was, that the wagon was moving fast, and they all knew it would be a hard landing if they fell out. 

"Are you guys ready?" Kalika asked.

They nodded, not exactly ready, but they had to, if not, they'd be in big trouble. "Who's first?" Darius asked.

"I guess I'll go first," Jayce said as he went to the very back.

He opened the door just a crack, and he was able to see many people, even 3 that he didn't know. He sighed and opened the door all the way and stood up, there was still space for him to stand, but they knew that it wouldn't be for long.

"I just jump?" He asked worriedly.

"Do it how you think is the safest, but I'd try to aim for a soft landing, or into the dirt side of the road," Oceana said as she held onto Kalika's arm.

"I agree, just try not to hurt yourself too much," Kalika said as she headed closer to the door.

Jayce moved over and she came outside to find out the best landing spot. Kalika looked around, silently. "I don't know what you can do, just try and see what happens."

Soon, Jayce was out and so was Darius. They were both hurt just a little, but soon Darius got out, so he could take Oceana. He ran towards the wagon and waited. 

"Kalika, I'm scared," Oceana said as she stared out.

"Don't worry, even if you get hurt, Darius will be there for sure, and I'll be there," Kalika said as she hugged her sister.

"Okay, I'll go." Oceana held on to the sides of the wagon and looked out, Darius was coming towards her, ready to grab her if he needed to.

"Go," Kalika said as she let go of Oceana.

Oceana let go of the sides and jumped. Darius caught Oceana and stopped running, he soon put her down, he couldn't carry her longer. He stood and caught his breath, looking out to Kalika, who was still on the wagon. Darius looked behind him, and he saw the twins running trying to get to Kalika.

They soon reached the wagon, but the wagon veered off to the right. Kalika was thrown to the other side of the box, and the others could see that, for the door still hung open.

Kalika clutched her shoulder, she had hit the side hard and it didn't feel good. It felt terrible, she thought she might cry, but she was stronger than that. She looked out, she had to figure out how to jump out, first things first.

Lucky for her, they were heading into a field, but she knew why, because if she jumped out here, no one would find her, she couldn't get back unless someone else was around her, and if she tried to jump, the person at the front of the wagon would hear her, and know, even if she landed in the grass.

She decided to take her chances, Kalika stood up, still holding her shoulder, but before she could do anything, the wagon jerked to the left. She lost her balance, and soon just fell out instead of jumping off.

She lay in the grass, and luckily, the guy on the wagon hadn't noticed... yet. She held her sore shoulder, and now she could feel a growing pain in her leg. She turned onto her side and tried to sit up with one hand, it was hard but she managed, when she used her right arm to sit up, it hurt, too much pressure on the shoulder, and if she tried to move her leg and put pressure on it, it would hurt too.

"Kalika!" Said a voice.

Kalika knew it was Lucas, she also knew that Marcus was there too, she had seen them running. She looked to the other side of the field.

"I'm here!" Kalika said, the pain in her voice.

She heard them coming, one faster than the other. Marcus was soon there and looking down at her. 

"Are you okay?" Marcus asked as he looked at her bruises.

"Yeah," she let go of her shoulder. "Fine."

"What happened?" Lucas said, catching up.

Kalika explained what had happened in the wagon, and soon the boys and Kalika were trying to figure out how to get her back, the figured getting a horse and bringing her on it would be the fastest way back.

Lucas rushed off to get his horse and Kalika's horse, and was soon back, since their house wasn't too far away. The horses didn't have their saddles on, but had their reins, Lucas figured they didn't need to put the saddle on because Kalika wouldn't be sitting normally anyway, but also because it would be a waste of time, the reins were only on so they could guide the horses.

They soon got her on the horse and returned to everyone else.

"Kalika!" Oceana said as she rushed to the horse and looked up.

"Hi, Oceana." She smiled as she looked at her sister.

Marcus got down from the horse and carried Kalika down, sitting her down on a rock near by.

"What happened?" Odysseus asked as he approached his sister.

"Oh, nothing much, I'll tell you later," Kalika said as she looked at her bruises.

Kalika noticed that Echo hadn't come yet, and she looked over everyone's shoulders. She called Marcus over.

"Can you take me over there?" She asked, pointing at Echo and Cyrus.

He nodded and picked her up, bringing her over to Echo. She gasped as she saw Jayce, who was still on the ground

---------------------

Hope you enjoyed! I'm going to school soon, so sorry if I can't update as quick! I'm also busy with places I volunteer too and stuff, but don't worry!

Please: Comment, Follow, Vote, Share & Add!