Chapter 22

Kalika looked ahead of her, they had ridden for hours without talking. After she had told him what Samia said, he only looked blankly at her, she remembered the look, he hadn't had an answer. He looked forward and didn't talk, then pulling up ahead of her, until she caught up.

Kalika looked at Nick, he didn't turn his head to look at her, and she felt as though he still had to think. She feared that this could be the end of their friendship, hopefully, it wouldn't be.

"Nick?" She finally asked. "Are you mad?"

"No, not at all," Nick said, his voice unsteady.

She got the point, he still needed to think, but she just hoped that whatever he was thinking wouldn't result in dread. She looked ahead instead and decided not to speak anymore. She just hoped that they would be able to discuss things later.

~*~

As they approached the house, Nick saw Echo talking with Filia, she seemed to have taken the news alright, but it had been about four days since they last saw each other after all. They rode in silently, Nick got off his horse and tied him to the hitching post, Kalika following.

They walked into the house to see everything gone, must've been moved or put away. Nick walked towards his mom, while Kalika changed course to walk towards Ophion.

Ophion watched Kalika approach him with sad eyes, he was packing the pots and pans around the house, just helping out around the place. As soon as he saw Kalika with her drooping eyes, he instantly stopped and put everything down.

"What happened?" He asked as he watched Kalika stand in front of him.

"Nothing." Kalika smiled, but Ophion knew it was fake.

Ophion decided he wouldn't look into it now, he would just wait for later, or ask Echo to talk with her.

"Alright, if you say so," Ophion said as he went back to the pots and pans.

"Need any help?" Kalika asked, carrying on from the topic.

"Nah, but you can ask Renee if you want, we're almost done though," Ophion said. "We even sold the house quickly."

"For how much?" She asked as she headed for the other side of the room.

"No clue," Ophion said as he walked around the wooden basket that held all the pots and pans.

"Well, we have to hurry, Nick's sisters are waiting," Kalika said as she walked away.

As Kalika exited the room, she noticed a change, something different. Renee, Nikolos, Sofi, Echo and Nick weren't there, possibly outside. She went out and looked around, no one.

"Renee! Nikolos!" She called out. "So-"

Kalika felt a hand over her mouth, another around her waist. That's when she knew, she had been found.

~*~

Kalika sat inside an empty wagon. Her arms were tied and so were her ankles. She looked around, but it was only her, she wondered where the family was, whether they were captured too or not.

Soon the wagon stopped and someone came to the back, the man pulled her out and walked her to a house, she looked around, not knowing why she was being held hostage.

She recognized the place, but not well enough to know the place. As the man behind her untied her bonds, he pushed her into the building. Sitting her down.

"Well, hello my dear." He smiled slyly.

~*~

Nick noticed something different, as if someone was missing. He looked around the house, his family was in the backyard, along with Echo and Ophion. That's when it hit him, Kalika wasn't anywhere to be seen.

"Kalika?" He called out.

No answer.

He looked down at the ground to see wheel tracks. He knew that his family hadn't gone anywhere which meant that someone had come by and left quickly. Nick decided to walk to the back and meet up with everyone else.

"Hey guys, have you seen Kalika?" Nick asked as he took a drink of water.

All of them shook their heads, Ophion finally came outside and looked at all of them worried.

"Kalika is nowhere, I just went outside to see tracks, I think she's been taken," Ophion looked at Echo. "again."

~*~

Kalika backed up the wall, the man had unveiled his mask, it was someone she didn't want to talk to, or encounter ever again. She hit the hard wall, but she preferred that to talking with Nilo.

"Darling, I thought I'd lost you forever." He said in his own hard voice.

"I'm glad you thought so," Kalika said back.

"Silly girl, you're coming with me." He said as he pulled her by the arm.

Kalika pulled back, with all her strength, she couldn't bear to be around Nilo again, she had to be helping her family, Nick's family and her friends. She couldn't be captured again, she knew that she had to try with all her might.

Just as she was starting to get away, she felt a familiar, grubby hand on her shoulders. She looked up to her side, Gergor was smiling down at her.

"What do you want?" Kalika said as she moved away from Gergor.

"We want you." Gergor slyly said as he got out another rope.

Kalika's feet instinctively moved back, but she couldn't, she realized the wall was behind her. She turned to one side to see if she could escape then to the other, but she knew that they might have backup lying around.

She decided what she had to do was charm them. Hopefully, they would trust her, but whatever she did, she had to think carefully about it.

"Yes... I understand you really do want me." She put on her best smile.

"Yes dear, we do," Nilo replied, putting his guard down.

"Well, if you want I might come back, but I don't know should I?" Kalika let out a sigh.

Nilo and Gergor were entranced by Kalika, they nodded in response, saying she should come back. They let their guard down, just staring at her.

"Why don't we start with you untieing me?" She made a puppy dog face. "My little hands hurt, these ropes are so tight."

"Yes, of course." Gergor walked up to her and untied all her bonds, the ones on her feet and the ones on her hands.

"Now you say you want me?" She brushed the dirt off her dress.

"Yes, m'lady," Nilo said as he and Gergor bowed.

"Well, you'll have to catch me." Kalika ran off before they had a chance to put their guard back up.

---------------------

I hope you enjoyed!

I'm so sorry it took so long to update, the first two days, I was busy and couldn't think of much for the story. On Thursday, I went to my first blood test, but sadly fainted so you can imagine why I didn't come to write much. Then the next day, I tried to take it easy, but tried to finish this too.

Tell me what you like about this book so far!

Please: Comment, Follow, Vote, Share & Add!