Chapter 23

"We have to find her." Echo said as she got up from the ground.

"How? We have to go back to Athens too." Ophion said as he caught his breath.

"I don't know, but I'm not losing Kalika." Echo left, she walked to the front and looked down at the tracks on the ground.

Echo walked away from the tracks, she knew that by now, Kalika had escaped and was running, she knew that she was smart enough to outsmart whoever took her. She heard shouts in the forest near by, the sound of two men and a girl.

"Get her!" Echo heard from the woods.

"Hey!" Echo recognized the voice, it was Kalika, and she didn't wait any longer.

Echo ran to the woods, happy that she decided to use a short dress instead of a long one. She ran and heard running feet behind her, she didn't have time to look back, but she ran and ran.

"Kalika!" Echo shouted, hoping that Kalika would come to her voice.

"Echo?" Kalika shouted back.

"Come on! Hurry." Echo saw Kalika, a blur, running towards her, she and Echo ran back to the house, Echo in front.

"Kalika! Get back here!" Echo heard a voice yell.

Echo stopped in her tracks, she knew that voice well, and she hated it, but she knew that Kalika needed to get away, she would be a decoy.

"Echo! Keep going!" Kalika said from behind as she caught up.

"No, go Kalika! I'll hold them off." Echo said as she ran the opposite way.

She watched as the two men stopped and stared at her. They looked her up and down, and she looked at the men.

"So we meet again," Nilo said as he smiled slyly.

"Haven't seen you in awhile," Gergor said as he walked closer.

"That's right boys." Echo said as she put her hands on her hips.

She remembered the first time she had met the two men, and how they had taken her in, they had treated her like a princess, but soon, they pushed her into being a slave.  She had finally escaped, and it had barely been a month, and she had already encountered them again.

"So, working for her now?" Nilo asked as he straightened his posture.

"Oh, no, not at all. Actually, she used to work for me, but now we work together." Echo said back.

"Ah, I see." Gergor smiled as he stepped even closer.

Echo stepped back. She knew that the two had good grip, and would be able to grab her since they were an arm's length away.

"Stay away, you," She thought for the right words. "you, dirty men."

"Alright, alright, I get it, no touching." Gergor put his arms up and stopped in his tracks.

Echo knew something was up, the second that Gergor listened to what she said, even Nilo did too. She turned to see that Kalika and everyone else was safe, but she knew that if she turned back, the boys would grab her when she wasn't looking.

"Say, boys, do you to run?" She asked as she smiled, her backs turned to them, her legs slowly moving so that she'd be ready to run.

"Oh, yeah, why?" Nilo lied.

"Because," Echo took off in a sprint. "you'll have to catch me first." She laughed as she rushed down the hill.

She ran back down, and soon the 2 voices faded away, they must've given up on the chase, but she ran still, she wouldn't stop just in case they were tricking her again. Soon she reached the house and met up with Kalika and the others.

"What happened up there?" Nick asked her.

"Well, I just met my old masters." Echo looked at Kalika and put her arm around Kalika's shoulder.

"Nilo and Gergor right?" Kalika asked.

"Yup, you had them too didn't you?" Echo asked she watched as Kalika nodded her head and they entered the bare house.

They saw Eda pass by with a basket of food, she went out and put it in the wagon they had prepared for their trip.

"Hey, can I talk with you?" Echo asked Kalika as they went to the calm and empty backyard.

Kalika followed Echo and they sat on two rocks. She knew whatever she was going to say, it wasn't going to be fun. She sat and looked into Echo's blue eyes, wondering what she was going to say next.

"I don't know how to tell you this but..." Echo trailed off, clearly not wanting to talk.

"Just say it." Kalika encouraged her.

"That Nikolos-" But she was cut short.

"Kalika! Echo! We're leaving!" Eda called out.

Echo looked at Kalika, they both got up and left, to see 2 wagons full of their furniture, cups, bowls, food, clothes, and everything else. Kalika got on her horse, and Echo did too, the others were already ahead of them by just a bit.

"We'll talk on the way." Echo said as she rode to the front.

Kalika was confused, she didin't know what was bothering her, but something wasn't right, Kalika felt as thought she was being followed. She turned around, and there wasn't anyone, luckily, but she could never be too safe. She always had a pouch under her dress, it had some things she could use if she needed it. She had a small knife in that pouch, used more for cutting meat or vegetables, but it wouldn't hurt to always have weaponry around you.

On Andor, she had placed a small bag, it held a dagger, a special necklace and a stone. She always had those things around her, in case of emergencies, but she knew it was wrong, a woman to have such things, but she hated that she couldn't be like the other men, so she just kept it a secret.

Echo turned back to see Kalika catching up to her, finally coming to the front. Kalika was the only one who had really memorized the way to Athens, so she had to lead, and Echo decided that she would be right by her side.

Soon, she'd have to tell Kalika what Nikolos had told her, but she also knew that if she did, Kalika would probably hate her for it, because she knew well that Kalika just wasn't ready, although, she'd be forced to do it anyway.

Echo had already talked with Kalika's parents, and with Nikolos and Renee. Now, she had to explain everything to Kalika.

---------------------

I hope you enjoyed! I'm sorry for updating so late, but right now, I'm just not into it, and I don't know why. Please do support me, because I need that support.

Tell me what I can do to improve this!!!!

Please: Comment, Follow, Vote, Share & Add!