Chapter 21

Kalika sat there still, not saying a word. She hadn't been talked to about it, but what if he had talked to Ophion or Echo? It would be strange, but she wouldn't have a choice anyway.

"Kalika?" Samia asked as she waited for a response.

"No, not yet, but maybe to my friend for questions."  She sighed as she told them.

"Well, would you like something to eat dear?" Maia asked as she got up.

"No, we have to get back to Sparta so we can get your family over here." She said as she took a small sip of water.

Maia smiled and nodded, she understood, but still, she went to the kitchen to get food, for their way there. She set the food in front of Kalika.

"Take this with you, make sure that you get enough food for all of you, and remember to come to this house, that is where our family will be staying for now," Maia said as she put down one last apple.

"Of course," Kalika said as she stood up and looked at the pile of food in front of her.

Maia came in with a cloth and basket, she set all the food inside carefully, she tied it all together and set it on the table.

"You better be off, if you don't hurry, it'll take too long to get back," Samia said as she looked outside.

"Thanks, Samia, Maia." she said as she took the basket and headed outside.

Samia followed Kalika, she wanted to know more about the girl. She espeically wanted to know if she liked her brother, as a friend or more. SHe wanted to make sure that Nick wasn't befriending someone he shouldn't be.

"Can I talk with you?" Samia asked as she brought another basket with her.

Kalika nodded as she placed the basket into one pack of her horse, then led Samia to Nick's horse so she could put the basket in.

"Do you like my brother?" She asked out of the blue.

"Of course I like him, what is there not to like about him?" Kalika said casually.

Samia understood that Kalika thought as a friend, probably not what she meant, but at least she knew that Kalika liked him a little, now to find out more.

"How much do you like him? Like an acquaintance, friend or something more?" Samia asked as she sat down on a bench and watched as Kalika took out a carrot and held her hand out for her horse.

"Well, that's a hard question to answer," Kalika said as she watched Andor finish the carrot. "I don't know, at the moment, a good friend."

"Does Nick trust you?" Samia asked. "Do you trust him?"

Kalika wiped her hand on a cloth hanging from her dress, a makeshift apron. She sat beside Samia and looked at the sun setting. 

"I think he trusts me Samia, and I do trust him." She put her hand on Samia's.

She looked up at the older girl, Samia wondered how mature Kalika was, and how well she would do with her family, she wanted badly to make sure that her brother wasn't with the wrong person, but as she stared into Kalika's storm grey eyes, she only saw kindness, not negativity. She was too nice to hate and had a very big heart, something not many people had. She couldn't find anything wrong with her.

"Is my brother mean to you? Are you mean to him?" Samia finally asked.

Kalika looked up at the sky and back to Samia, she laughed a little and set her other hand on Samia's other hand.

"Samia, I understand that you are worried for your brother, but you need not to worry, I am not here to harm him," Kalika said as she held Samia's hands up. "And no, we aren't mean to each other."

Samia looked at their hands, she knew that Kalika was completely being honest, but she couldn't help but think that she had sure answers for every single question, yet she made it seem like she only knew part of her answer, and hadn't decided the rest of the answer yet, as if she needed years to think.

"Can I ask one more question?" Samia asked as she watched Kalika let go of her hands.

Kalika saw mischief in Samia but she didn't mind another question, how could it hurt? She let her hands drop to her sides and nodded, waiting for the question.

"Do you think that Nick likes you?" She asked as she waited for an answer.

Kalika stared into Samia's eyes, not answering, and only staring.

~*~

"Come on Nick!" Maia said as she walked into the room for the second time. "You gotta go, Kalika's waiting."

"Fine." He got up and set Vareck down and let him run to his father. "Bye Dorion." He said as he walked out of the room and towards the outdoors.

He and Maia walked to the back, Nick stared at Kalika who was looking blankly at Samia. He knew that sometimes she could get carried away with the questions she asked, he wondered what she had asked this time, usually, it wouldn't end too well. Hopefully, it wasn't too bad.

"Hey, Kalika, let's go." He said as he mounted on his horse.

"Yeah, uh, I'll be right there," Kalika said, she leaned to Samia and whispered into her ear.

Samia nodded and stood she hugged her and walked towards Maia, whispering into her ear. Longer than Kalika had so that meant they were coming up with something, but he let it go by, he'd have to ask when he came back.

"Bye guys," Nick said as he rode out and onto the road, Kalika following.

They rode for a few minutes, soon they reached the edge of Athens. Finally, Nick asked Kalika about what Samia had done, or what they were doing.

"So what did Samia ask you?" He asked as they rode out of the city.

"How do you know she was asking questions?" Kalika said, trying to stall.

Nick exhaled. "Well, I've seen the situation before."

"Oh, well, promise that you won't freak out?" Kalika asked before answering.

"Promise," Nick said as they hurried into a gallop.

Kalika looked into Nick's chocolate brown eyes. "She asked if you liked me." She waited for Nick's reaction.

---------------------

I hope you enjoy!!! If you do, please tell me or vote or something! I hope you are supporting me as I write!

This whole story is already a novel! I can't believe it! This story so far has 117,429 words! It's mind boggling, and to imagine that I wrote that in 36 days!

Please: Comment, Follow, Vote, Share & Add!