Chapter 30

"Is he okay?" Kalika said as she was set down beside Jayce.

"Yeah, I think he might have hit his head, and just a few scars," Cyrus said as he looked up from Jayce.

Echo had his head in her lap so that it didn't hit the dirt. She looked up at Kalika, staring at her shoulder, scratched and bruised, turning black and blue.

"Are you okay?" Echo said as she stared at her.

"I'm fine, but we should get him back home," Kalika said as she looked at her horse.

Echo watched as Kalika tried to figure out something.

"Echo, take my horse, go home and make sure he rests in bed, I'll come by and see what I can do," Kalika said 

Cyrus and Darius helped Echo and Jayce onto the horse and soon they were off, Darius rode with them so that he could take Kalika's horse back after.

"How about you Kalika? What happened there and there?" Cyrus asked as he stood up, pointing at her lower leg and her shoulder.

"I hit the side of the wagon when the guy turned right, and I got thrown out of the wagon when he turned left," Kalika explained.

"Wow, we should get you home too," Lucas said as he bent down to her.

"I can't even walk, and I'm not having any of you carry me all the way," Kalika said as she looked up at everyone.

"You just don't want to go home don't you?" Cyrus asked as he gave her a friendly smile.

"That too, but I don't want to be a burden," Kalika replied as she watched Marcus sit down beside her, and everyone else sit with her.

"Well, then how are we suppose to get you home?" Marcus asked as he looked around.

"I don't know," Kalika said as she fingered her dress.

"I'll just go and get a few horses, we can figure this out," Cyrus said as he stood up.

"I'll come with you," Oceana said, clearly wanting to help.

"Okay, thanks," Cyrus said as he started walking, Oceana following.

Soon, it was just Kalika and the 2 pairs of twins. Odysseus and Rhodes went off and talked, Marcus and Lucas just sat there and stared at her. Marcus just seemed to not have anything to say, Lucas seemed to feel awkward.

Marcus finally stood and went over to the other twins. Lucas and her finally could talk. They looked at each other awkwardly, they were both thinking the same thing but didn't know how to put it.

"Should we tell him?" Lucas finally spoke.

"I don't know, but if you do, please don't have me there," Kalika said as she looked down.

Finally, Oceana and Cyrus came back with a few horses, since there was 7 of them, they decided to bring 4 horses, one person would be on their own.

"We should get on one together, we can talk," Kalika said to Lucas.

"Right," Lucas said as he stood up. "I and Kalika will go together."

"Okay, I guess that means that Odysseus and Rhodes together, and Oceana who do you wanna go with?" Cyrus asked as he got down from his horse.

"I'll go with uh... Cyrus." She chose at random.

Oceana handed the rein of one horse to Rhodes and another one to Marcus. Odysseus and Rhodes got on the horse, then Marcus got on one, Oceana held onto one more rein and waited for Cyrus.

Cyrus was helping Kalika and Lucas on their horse, Lucas first then Cyrus would pick Kalika up and sit her with Lucas. Soon, everyone was on their horses, except Cyrus and Oceana.

Oceana got onto the chestnut horse, Cyrus followed by getting behind her. Soon, they were gone from the street and heading to Kalika's house.

"Kalika, you alright?" Lucas said as he led the horse to her home.

"Yeah, but how about him?" Kalika said as she nodded to Marcus

"I don't know yet," Lucas said as he looked at Kalika.

Oceana and Cyrus came up beside them and looked at them with the same expression, both saying that they didn't know what

"Have you figured it out yet?" Oceana asked Lucas.

Both Kalika and Lucas shook their heads, they hadn't gotten a clue. They instead decided to stay silent as they rode, Kalika would look over at Marcus, he seemed to be confused, questioning why they were so quiet.

Marcus rode beside them, but they hadn't realized, Kalika stared up at Lucas and then to Oceana and Cyrus. Kalika looked forward, her house was coming up, and she really didn't want to go home, but she knew that if she didn't, that wouldn't be great.

Kalika turned her head to see her brothers approach, she heard the sound of all the horse's clip-clop. Kalika sighed as they got closer by the second.

"It'll be okay," Lucas said as he looked at her.

Lucas had been good friends with Kalika, and he knew what her parents were like, he also couldn't help but think that they were trying to get rid of her by giving her to Marcus. He kept on riding and decided he would tell Kalika that maybe some other day, just not now.

Oceana looked at Cyrus, who looked at her back. Cyrus looked at her worried face, worried about Kalika, and about their parents. He looked back ahead and just kept riding. Cyrus wondered where Darius was now and hoped he was alright, and he hoped that Jayce and Echo were okay too. He had watched Jayce jump and fall, but he didn't want to recall those memories. Right now, he needed to focus on something else.

"We really need to decide when we'll tell him," Lucas said beside Cyrus.

"I agree, it is much too hard to keep this inside," Odysseus replied.

"I agree," Rhodes said as they rode on.

"But there isn't any easy way to say it," Oceana responded as she sat straighter.

"Tell who what?" Marcus said as he rode up closer.

---------------------

I hope you enjoyed! I'm sorry it took so long... school just started, and I had to go to some sports try outs. So sorry.

Please tell me what I can work on, and what I should keep on doing.

Please: Comment, Follow, Vote, Share & Add!