Chapter 47

Kalika's eyes widened but she froze, moving around and running would only make it worse. She knew that, she knew that well. Eurycratides stared in disbelief and turned his head from Kalika to the man holding a bow and arrow.

"Nilo!" Kalika gasped, she felt a protective arm around her that started pulling her back.

Marcus held onto Kalika, afraid something would happen, yet, Kalika didn't let that happen. She stepped up, releasing Marcus from her. She walked slowly to Nilo, making sure that his bow was down, he wouldn't shot.

Nilo's guard went up as soon as Kalika was 7 feet from him. Kalika stopped and peered into his eyes, wondering why he was doing this, but before she could react, Nilo was 3 feet away from her, his bow and arrow up.

She backed up a step, a few steps. Kalika watched Nilo pull the string on the bow and arrow. She felt her heart pounding, her breathing no longer steady, instead, fast. She knew she was in for something, something bad. Nilo squinted, clearly aiming for something. Kalika kept backing up, carefully eyeing Nilo.

Finally, he released the arrow.

~*~

Eurycratides's eyes were fiery, he was clearly angry at Nilo. He called for his guards and brought out a hidden sword himself.

"What do you think you are doing?" He said as he approached Nilo.

"Taking back what is mine," Nilo replied as he watched Kalika get up and look at the arrow on the wall.

Marcus rushed towards her and picked her up, she turned to Eurycratides who looked at the door, signalling for Marcus and Kalika to go take care of everyone else, that he would be fine. Kalika and Marcus rushed into the room.

"Guys, get in the farthest corner, stay safe," Kalika said as she pushed everyone to the corner. "Cyrus, Darius, Lucas, take care of them,"

They nodded and took everyone to the corner. Marcus and Kalika walked back to the door, but before they exited, Kalika stopped Marcus.

"I should deal with this, go take care of them," She said as she patted his arm, walking out of the room.

"What? No!" Marcus said as he followed her out the door. "You're kidding right?"

She shook her head as she watched Eurycratides and Nilo fight. Nilo had dropped the bow and arrow and now they were fighting with swords. All she knew was that she should be helping them, but how?

All she knew now was that she was in the middle of a fight, and she knew that if she made the wrong move, it could go all the way down the hill for her. She stared at Marcus who stared at her, she gave him a look, I'll be fine, take care of the others, kind of look. She walked out towards them and Nilo stared at her.

"What do you want?" He said as he kept his eye on Eurycratides too.

"I want you to stop." She replied silently as she put her hands out. "Take me, don't hurt anyone else,"

Nilo stopped as well as Eurycratides. He was stunned and he carefully observed Kalika, making sure she wasn't lying. He nodded and dropped the sword, he smiled, it was a sly smile. Kalika sighed and watched as Nilo turned to Eurycratides, seeing what his reaction would be.

"Kalika, you don't have to do this," He said as he sheathed his sword.

"I do, I can't risk anyone else's life," She said as she walked towards Nilo, "Just take me instead."

"Okay, will do," Nilo said as he approached her.

She pulled her hands back, explaining that there was one condition, one he had to promise to follow, or else Kalika would run away or fight back again. Nilo agreed and Kalika let him take her away. She knew the others would miss her, but it was the only thing she could do, she had to keep them safe.

Nilo took out a rope and tied it around her hands, he pulled her along and soon they were outside, where a wagon with two horses at the front. He pushed her and got her in the wagon. Like the first time they met, Nilo pushed her hard into the wagon, she fell pretty much the same way, and it hurt just as much.

Nilo dusted off his hands and walked towards the front of the wagon and soon they were off, to who knows where?

Kalika sighed as she looked back at Eurycratides palace. She couldn't believe that she had just gotten her family back and now, she was leaving them behind, but she knew, it was all for the better.

"Nilo, where are we going?" She said as she turned back around to him.

He snickered and smiled as he turned his head halfway. "Somewhere, somewhere no one will ever find us,"

---------------------

I hope you like this! I have school tomorrow and I still wrote this, taking a big risk, but I did it, for you guys! I will finish this soon hopefully, sorry friend (can't say your name cause well, it's the internet) I've gotten so many delays, from travelling to having to take care of my brothers cause they were sick.

Please: Comment, Follow, Vote, Share & Add!