Chapter 32

Kalika stood on her one leg, using one hand to balance herself, it had been days since the 'incident' Her shoulder was getting better, but her leg wasn't getting any better, so it was really hard for her to do anything. 

Every day, Cyrus, Darius or Lucas would come over to help Kalika get to Jayce's house, to visit, and still help around. Marcus, was still at home, calming down. Oceana was to start working at Jayce's soon as well, so she would come with them many times, while the twins were busy doing things at their house, ploughing, farming, all that.

"Is he better?" Kalika said as she walked into the building.

"Yeah, fewer headaches, less screaming, more sleeping, finally waking up." Echo said as she helped Kalika walk in with her limp.

"Oh... If only he had never gotten caught up in this." Kalika said as she sat at a table, where she usually sat when they talked with her.

"It's not your fault." Echo said as she sat beside her.

"It is, as his servant, I shouldn't have let that happen," Kalika said, putting a hand on her forehead.

"It really isn't your fault." Darius agreed. "I saw, there was nothing you could really do." 

Kalika sighed as she looked out the window, there really wasn't anything she could've done, but she didn't care, she was responsible for this, she should've stopped Jayce the first time, then none of this would happen. She remembered everything vividly, all the things that should've happened, instead of what did happen.

The cries of help from Oceana, The others running for her, Jayce jumping off the wagon, herself getting hurt, being brought back by Lucas and Marcus. It scared her to ever leave home again. It really scared her to meet Marcus again, she was scared that he might get angry at her for not telling him, or something insane like that. She didn't want to be caught in something that could in danger her, again.

~*~

"No, I cannot be doing this!" Kalika said as she was carried to the brother's house.

"You have to at some point!" Lucas said pulling her along.

Kalika never thought she would end up doing this, something she didn't want to do. Meet Marcus again, don't get her wrong, she loved him, as a friend and now more, not by choice, but she wanted to give him space.

"You've already given him space, stop procrastinating! It's been weeks!" Cyrus said, walking on her other side.

"Fine, whatever," Kalika said, not caring anymore, she said no longer struggling against them, her leg was too sore to do more.

Lucas realized that she was getting sore, he decided to loosen his grip a little, he treated Kalika like a little sister, that's how much he cared, and now that she might become his sister in law, he had to make sure that she would be okay.

Marcus was sitting outside, watching them come by. He looked away from Kalika, clearly ashamed, she told the boys to let her down, Darius came to one side of her and let her put her arm around his shoulders. He was her support, so she could walk to Marcus. She lugged her leg along, hoping that it wouldn't take too long for her to get to him.

"I'll leave you guys alone," Darius said as he walked away.

"So... are you mad at me?" Kalika said as she uneasily stood.

"No, I'd never be," Marcus said as he looked up at her.

He noticed how hard it was for Kalika to be standing up and talking to him, not just because it was awkward for her, but also because she had her limp and sore shoulder. He sighed as he looked down at his hands.

"I'm sorry I couldn't tell you, the-" Kalika caught herself and corrected what she was going to say. "I didn't want to tell you."

"I know, I understand," Marcus said as he watched Kalika wobble. "Are you.... Whoa!"

From far back, Lucas saw what had happened, he sprinted over to see the scene, Darius and Cyrus caught up to see the scene.

"What happened?" Lucas asked as he bent down beside Marcus.

"I- I don't know! She just wobbled and she fell down, luckily, I stood just in time to catch her." Marcus said worriedly. "What happened?"

"I don't know, we should bring her into the house," Cyrus said as he took her from Marcus. 

They brought her inside and set her in one of the rooms on a bed. She was breathing shallowly, her chest rising slowly. As if she was exhausted.

"What did she do today? Is there a reason she might have uh... done this?" Marcus asked as he sat on the edge of the bed.

"Well... She tried walking a little on her own, that didn't go well, and she tried doing chores, that her parents forced her to do." Darius said recalling those memories.

"Oh, no wonder," Lucas said as he watched Kalika's chest rise and fall.

Cyrus looked at the 3 brothers. "Do you think she'll be fine?"

"Yeah, I hope," Lucas said as he scratched the back of his head.

They stared at her, what else could they do? Her breathing started to even out, and it was less shallow, but still slow. They eventually left, leaving Marcus to stay with her.

As he was alone, he thought about what he could do in their future. Why this was decided, and who decided it. He hoped that his life would be okay. He hoped he wouldn't regret his next few choices. He knew that Kalika was a good girl, she was smart, and she knew how to express things well, she also knows well how to stand up for herself, even though, technically, she shouldn't have been, shew as a woman after all.

He sighed as he watched her chest rise then fall, then rise again. He put his hand on hers and held it, feeling her soft hand around his. Soon, he felt her hand curling around his, he looked up to see her with a small smile on her face.

----------------------

I hope you enjoyed! I'm sorry it takes so long to update, it's just cause I am so busy, v-ball practice and school! I hope ya'll forgive me!!!

Please tell me what I can work on!

Please: Comment, Follow, Vote, Share & Add!