Chapter 12

"Have you seen her?" Jayce asked Ophion.

"Not at all." He replied as he slung his leg off the horse.

Jayce stared at Ophion, he had just come by looking for Kalika, he saw Jayce's horse so he had thought they might be together. Ophion seemed to be happy, probably seen his family already.

"May I ask you a question?" Jayce questioned Ophion.

"Of course." Ophion got down, taking his foot out of the stirrup.

"Is Pippo your uncle?" Jayce asked as he tied Ophion's horse to the hitching post, next to his.

"Yes," Ophion looked into Jayce's curious eyes. "Why?"

"Pippo is my brother," Jayce replied.

"So you are my cousin?" Ophion stared at Jayce like he was from another world.

"I guess." Jayce shrugged as he walked into his house, Ophion followed.

Echo met them inside and smiled. Ophion stared at Echo, as if he knew who she was. They went outside, dinner was prepared and ready for eating. Together, they all sat and ate silently. Echo started to day dream, starting to think about Kalika and Pippo and the people she missed.

~*~

"Come on!" Echo said as she waved her hands in the air.

"Coming miss." Kalika ran up to her with a towel on one hand.

Echo sat on a rock, her feet in the lake water. She stared at her reflection, at her white dress and her auburn hair. She waved Kalika over and watched her run over. 

"Do my hair." She said as Kalika set the towel down.

Echo knew that Kalika was young, too young really. She was only 8 and was already working. Echo knew Kalika had a sister and 2 brothers, yet the family decided not to make them work, they seemed to hate Kalika.

Echo watched Kalika doing her hair in the water's reflection, a braid as usual. She may have been young, but she had very talented hands. Kalika tied the braid and got down from the rock. She smiled and sat down on a smaller rock beside her.

Echo touched the braid, as perfect as ever. "Thank you."

Sometimes, Echo wished she had the same talents as the young Kalika, but she knew she had to be dedicated enough, and she was not. She took her feet out of the warm water and looked around. She thought about her family, Kalika, and everything around her. She started to day dream all over again.

~*~

"Oceana!" Kalika squeezed her little sister.

"Where have you been?" Oceana patted her back, a sign to let go.

Kalika let go of her and tucked a strand of loose hair behind her ear. "Sparta." She sighed as she looked into her sister's eyes.

"Sparta!" Oceana exclaimed.

Kalika nodded and looked around. Usually, her brothers would be around, she didn't know where they were. She stood and took the rein of her horse, another hand set on top of hers, grabbing the rein. Kalika looked up into the grey eyes of a young 13-year-old boy.

Kalika smiled and let go of the rein, letting Odysseus tie him to the branch of the tree. She felt two familiar hands on her shoulders, turning around, she saw her brother, Rhodes. Kalika watched as he set his arms down to look into her stormy eyes. 

"I haven't seen you two in so long." She said as she turned to face all three of them.

Odysseus finished with Andor. "We missed you." He said as he set his hand on Kalika's shoulder.

"Guys, she was in Sparta!" Oceana stood up and joined them.

"Sparta?" Odysseus and Rhodes said in union.

"Sparta," Kalika confirmed and watched as Odysseus put his hand down.

They stood there staring, finally, Rhodes asked the question that they were all thinking.

"Do you want to go home Kalika?" He asked cautiously.

"I have to Rhodes, but I honestly," she heaved a heavy sigh. "I don't want to."

"We've got your back," Odysseus said to Kalika.

"Yeah, don't worry." Oceana nodded.

Kalika smiled and looked at the sun, it was setting, and they would need to go home soon. She looked at all of them, she knew that they had been out here too long, looking for her. She watched as the others looked at her.

"You have to get home, I do too." Kalika finally said.

They nodded as they all turned to watch the sunset. Kalika untied her horse and got on it. She looked at her siblings. 

"You guys are on foot." she smiled and watched as the others grinned and followed her.

~*~

"Where have you been young lady?" Kalika's father sternly asked

Kalika stared at her feet, she felt the presence of her siblings around her. "Captured." she quietly responded.

For a moment, her father didn't speak, his arms were crossed and he looked down at her. The others stared at the two, they all knew that they didn't get along too well.

"Captured by who?" He asked, eyes narrowed.

"Spartans." She replied quickly.

"Spartans you say?" He laughed and pushed Kalika to the ground. "Lies." He stopped his laughter and stared at her.

Kalika closed her eyes for a moment, opening them again, noticing that her siblings were still there and hadn't left yet. They were hiding behind the walls watching.

She stood up and brushed the dust and dirt off her dress. She looked at her father, waiting for a dismissal. His brown eyes gazed into hers, he shook his head, he took used one hand and waved her off. She walked out of the room and towards their room, passing Oceana, Rhodes, and Odysseus.

Kalika shared a room with the others, she went towards her bed and lay in it looking up at the ceiling. The other kids came in and each sat at their beds. They looked at Kalika, she was dirty, and tired, they all wished they could help her. Kalika got out of the bed and walked towards a basket at the foot of her bed, she took out her night clothes and went behind the curtain that they had in the room. She came out and sat on her bed and looked at the others.

"Why would you watch me?" She asked them.

"We told you already," Rhodes replied.

"We got your back." Odysseus continued.

There was a knock at the door and Oceana got up, as she was the closest one to the door. She opened the door quietly, it was already night time and she didn't want to wake her parents. Oceana stood there still, not knowing what to do.

"Oceana? Something wrong?" Kalika stood up, Odysseus and Rhodes following. 

Oceana opened the door wider and as the others caught a glimpse, they all turned to Kalika, to see her with wide eyes.

---------------------

Hey, Guys! I hope you enjoyed! I know it took awhile to publish, but I woke up late today and I was with my family shopping.

I hope you guys like this story, and I hope you will support me while I make this.

Please: Comment, Follow, Vote, Share & Add!