Chapter 44

The war was officially over, completely. Now, Kalika could spend time with her family and friends, just for now. She sighed and watched as Oceana made her way down the path to her house.

"I'm so glad that it's over." She said as she gave Kalika a hug.

"I am too," Kalika said, wiping Oceana's hair away from her face.

She let go of Oceana and smiled, inviting her into their home. They passed by Marcus, who was rehearsing something for a local play. Oceana and Kalika headed towards a room, where they could talk.

"I don't want to get married Kalika," Oceana confessed as she sat down.

"I know you don't, but it's worth it," Kalika replied cleaning up a little. "You can have your own home, away from the chaos, just you and whoever it is, and children perhaps,"

Oceana looked up at her sister, she had changed, but she knew she was the same loving person she knew just the other day, she had just matured.

"But why? I don't want to move, why would I want to move from our family?" She questioned as she leaned on the wall.

Kalika looked at her younger sister. "You don't know what it was like for me Oceana, that's the only thing I ever wanted to do, but for you, it may be a different story," She replied calmly.

Oceana sighed and stood to help Kalika with the laundry in the room. She started to fold the clothes and place them in the basket. They were silent, neither of them had anything to say, at least not right now.

Soon, Oceana left, it was just Kalika now, doing the cleaning, what she's been doing for years. She brought some clothes out and hung them to dry, but as she did, she spotted something moving in the bushes.

"Hello?" She said, a cautious tone in her voice.

"We've come back to get you," A voice came from behind her.

Kalika didn't move, she knew that voice anywhere, Nilo.

~*~

Again, Kalika struggled against her bonds, she was placed in the same place she had been before. She watched as Nilo shook his head and chuckled.

"You ran away again," he began. "Now, I wonder why a darling like you would do such a thing."

Kalika's eyes rolled and he came up to her and lifted her chin so she would look at him. He walked around her in a circle and got her to have a straighter posture. He poked at her dress and her hair, examining her.

"You took many away from me," he continued. "and for that, I can't let you get away with it this time,"

He gave her a smile, a sly one. Nilo waved at some soldiers, who came by and took Kalika away. She could hear his laughter as she was being dragged away. 

This is just great, she thought, captured, again.

~*~

Marcus finally came back home after a 3 day trip, he went to the backyard. 

"Kalika," He said as he peeked around, no one, so he tried the rooms, the front door. Still no one, which meant she was being taken away.

Marcus knew it all too well, Kalika would never leave home without telling him. She wouldn't dare, especially with the rules they were under. He searched and searched, at that point, he knew something had happened.

He went out and got on his horse, he knew exactly where she would be, who had taken her, but he also knew what a journey was ahead of him.

~*~

"Marcus!" Kalika said as he got thrown into the room.

"Kalika, you okay?" He asked as he stood and brushed off the dirt.

She nodded and sat Marcus down, she explained to him what happened, how it happened. Kalika told him about what Nilo's plan was, what he was scheming, about how if they didn't get back to Athens soon, the city would be gone.

"Kalika, if you don't mind, how many times have you been captured?" He questioned as he put a hand on hers.

"Well, successful captures... probably 5 or so, maybe more?" She said casually. "The point is, too much for only a few months."

He nodded and watched the door as Kalika opened it to see someone giving them dinner, before Kalika closed the door, the girl handed her a box and she smiled closing the door and handing Marcus the tray.

"Oh come on, not again," She said as she opened the box.

"What?" He responded as he stared at the food. "Why the 'oh come on?'" he added, looking up.

"He's giving me clothes, jewellery all that again," Kalika said as she threw the box onto a bed, letting bracelets and necklaces fall out of it.

Marcus shook his head, he knew about Nilo, he knew about Kalika's experiences with him too. About how he had captured her multiple times, about how he had hurt her, how he had changed her.

"Hey, I'm the only one who will be giving you clothes and jewellery," He said defensively, puffing out his chest a little.

"I'm sure you will be," She said as she sat beside him and rested her head on his shoulder. "I just hope we can get out of here,"

"I do too," He paused and rested his head on hers. "I'm sure we will."

Kalika looked out the window, watching as the sun began to set. She knew it was time to go to bed, but she didn't want to, she still did. She lay in her bed which was across the room from Marcus's. She smiled as she watched his chest rise and fall, he was asleep.

Kalika was just closing her eyes, when suddenly, the door flew open and hit the wall with a bang.

---------------------

I hope you've enjoyed! please tell me what you think!

Please: Comment, Follow, Vote, Share & Add!