Chapter 14

Kalika stepped back, she put her hand down and got closer to her siblings. Jayce and Ophion slowly turned around to see a man standing at the door, arms crossed and eyes narrowed. He dropped his gaze when his eyes met Jayce's.

"Oh, I see." Ophion quietly said.

Jayce turned back to see Kalika, but she was no longer looking at them. He turned back and walked out of the room, Ophion following. Kalika's father moved out of the way for them to get through.

Together, Ophion and Jayce left the house, they walked away looking back more than once. Jayce wondered what could be going on inside, maybe a punishment. He hoped that she would be alright, but he knew better. 

Jayce and Ophion walked by the army line. Ophion looked at Jayce, thinking about what they would do about Gergor and Nilo. Finally, he said what they all knew they had to do.

"We have to go back." Ophion stopped in front of the river.

"We can't," Jayce said as he sat down on a rock.

"We have to," Ophion said firmly.

Jayce turned to face him. He knew about him, how he cared about everything and such, but he also knew that if they did go, it would be dangerous. He wished he could do something, but he knew it wasn't up to him. He knew it would be the most dangerous thing he would do in his life.

"Ophion, that would be the craziest thing we could do in our lives!" He exclaimed.

Ophion shook his head. "But it would save the city." He said quietly as he looked at the setting sun. "I have to go now."

Ophion walked away, leaving Jayce standing in the shadows. He walked towards his home, a small one near to the forests. He opened the door silently and walked in, tip toeing his way in. There was no more light inside, dark and very late at night.

He crept into his room and got into his bed. He put his blanket over himself and looked up at the blank ceiling. His sister slept in a bed in the same room, and he had to be quiet because he knew she would wake up if he did anything too noisy.

Slowly, his eyes closed and soon he fell asleep. 

~*~

Ophion walked past Kalika's house on his way to the river. He wondered if he could spot Kalika there, or maybe if she would be at Jayce's house. He wondered if Kalika was okay, but he knew better, she probably wasn't.

Ophion spotted an open window, if he was correct, that was the window to Kalika's room. He crept towards it, he peeked into the room. He spotted the twins and Oceana, but no Kalika. Oceana turned her head to see Ophion and she tapped Rhodes' arm. He turned and so did Odysseus.

"What are you doing here?" Odysseus asked as he eyed him.

Ophion looked at them and finally spoke. "Looking for your sister."

"She's..." Rhodes looked for the right word. "working."

Oceana and Odysseus shared a glance, they knew what she was really doing, but they wouldn't say. Oceana looked down at her hands, the three of them tried to protect Kalika from their father, but as usual, they lost. Especially since Kalika would always tell them to not get in the way, it angered Oceana that she didn't let them, but Kalika's heart was in the right place.

"Oh?" Ophion rested his arms on the open window.

"Yeah, she is," Oceana said as she looked at Ophion.

"Where?" Ophion asked them.

Oceana looked to Odysseus, he would have an answer, he came up with things quickly, especially when needed.

"Around," Odysseus looked into Ophion's eyes. "In many different places."

"Okay then." Ophion looked at them. He was older than all of them, 14 and he knew that if he tried, perhaps he could get hold of them.

He stared at Rhodes and Odysseus, then at Oceana. They looked at him carefully, staring into his eyes. He looked around the room then down to the ground.

"Tell me where she is at the moment." He finally said.

Odysseus stood up and walked towards him. "Why do you want to know?"

"You're too young to understand," Ophion replied.

"I am not, I'm only one year younger than her." He looked to his brother then back to Ophion. "We both are, and if I'm too young, then so is she."

"Fine." Ophion pursed his lips. "But tell me where she is first."

"She's in the backyard," Rhodes said for Odysseus. "Now, explain."

"I and Kalika have to get back to Sparta." He said to the two, their eyes now wide.

"Are you insane?!" Rhodes practically yelled.

Ophion looked into Rhodes' eyes waiting for him to calm down. Rhodes saw that Ophion meant well, but he wanted to protect his family, he couldn't let him take her. Especially not alone. Rhodes turned to Odysseus and Oceana. He gave them a sly smile.

"No, Rhodes, I know that look." Oceana stood up and grabbed his shoulders. "Whatever the plan is, we aren't doing it."

"Oceana, we have to," Odysseus said as he turned to her. "I know what he's thinking, it isn't perfect, but we have to."

"Do what?" Oceana turned to Odysseus.

"We have to come with Ophion and Kalika." They said together.

Oceana sighed, she knew the boys were right, but she really didn't want to do this, it was a bad idea, but it was to protect her sister. She didn't know what she would do without Kalika, and so she had to agree. 

"Let's go get her then." Oceana waved them over to the door. "We'll meet you outside Ophion."

She walked out the door and went outside, the two boys following, Oceana went towards their backyard, where Kalika was "working" as Odysseus had put it. As she went through, she made sure that Ophion was in between her and her brothers.

"Kalika?" Ophion looked at a girl that was chained to a post.

---------------------

I hope you liked this, I know it's late, I'm sorry!

Now I should be able to get back on track, sorry if it takes a while though, one of my fave movies just came out too, and stuff, sorry. I'll try to post a chapter every 2 days.

Please: Comment, Follow, Vote, Add & Share!