Chapter 28

Marcus turned his head as he watched something whiz past him. He tapped Lucas's arm and he turned his head, Cyrus and Darius looking the same direction. They shared a glance and were soon walking, going in the same direction.

"I can't be the only one that thinks that that is a girl right?" Lucas asked his brothers.

"You're-" they heard a breath from behind them. "not wrong."

Cyrus turned around to see Echo out of breath and behind them. He pulled them into the middle of the line they had unintentionally made. He put an arm around her to keep her balance, she was tired after all.

The others kept walking and waited for Echo to catch her breath, finally after awhile, she swallowed and spoke.

"One of you have to follow her." She said as she looked urgently at them.

"Why? and who is her?" Darius asked.

"Because Oceana has been captured, as in Oceana, Kalika's little sister" Echo replied as she let go of Cyrus. "And that was Kalika and her brothers."

"Oh, we'll go, you catch up okay?" Marcus said as he pulled Darius, the closest one to him, along with him.

He ran and Darius followed, they sprinted after the trail of dust. Marcus hurried and soon could see Kalika and her brothers. They hurried to see a tired, but still going Kalika, trying to catch up to a wagon of some sort.

Marcus recognized Odysseus at the front, he was the more athletic one of the twins, while Rhodes was the smarter one, less athletic, so he ended up being at the back. Kalika, was in the middle, closer to Odysseus. Both Darius and Marcus knew that Kalika was close with her siblings, especially Oceana, so they knew that she would do anything to keep them safe.

"She's-" Darius took a breath. "fast." he finished.

"Yeah," Marcus replied as she watched him.

Darius watched as Rhodes eventually slowed down and came to a stop, he leaned on a big rock near by, bending over, and trying to catch his breath. Darius saw Rhodes raise his head to see him and his brother running.

Darius looked straight forward, and soon saw Odysseus stopping, he couldn't take it either, but he still saw Kalika running, with as much energy she had. He knew that Kalika was able to run long distances, but not this fast, she was able to run long because from her home to Ajax's was a bit far, so she'd have to run to not be late, but she never ran this fast and long at the same time.

"She's gonna eventually fall, won't be able to continue," Marcus said worriedly.

Darius nodded as he tried to speed up.

Marcus saw Kalika's face from the side, she was tired, sweat was beading down her forehead and it looked as if she would be sick, but the most visible thing on her face was her determination. He knew that she would last any longer.

"Marcus, just go stand by her side, I'll run after the wagon." Darius hurried and was soon ahead of him and soon Kalika, who was starting to slow down and waver.

Marcus hurried and was lucky enough to have gotten to her quickly enough. He caught a tired Kalika in his arms, he sat down on the ground and sat Kalika up, she was breathing hard, tired and delirious.

"Kalika?" Marcus said as she leaned back a little.

"Is that you Marcus?" Kalika said, her eyes closed, too tired to try.

"It's me, are you okay?" He asked as he watched her on the ground.

"I'm fine, get Oceana," Kalika said, Oceana was her first priority.

"Kalika, how many fingers do you see?" He said as he held up 2 fingers.

"2." She replied opening her eyes and sitting up.

"Dari is after her okay? She'll be okay." Marcus said as he let go of Kalika.

"Why did you come to me instead of getting Oceana?" Kalika asked.

Marcus was taken aback by the question. He didn't know how to answer. "Because Dari told me to?" He tried to reason.

"Oh, no wonder. I see where Dari is going with this." Kalika said as she finally stood, unbalanced, but okay.

Odysseus and Rhodes approached them and watched Kalika and Marcus, they both knew about them, but they didn't know if both of them knew, but right now, they were supposed to be getting Oceana.

Kalika walked, following the trailing dust, Marcus got up and followed her, still catching his breath, Kalika, who had run the farthest and the longest, was tired, but still going, even though she hadn't caught her breath at all.

The others followed her, and they just followed on the way. She started to get better, less tired and balanced. She hurried along, others following, trying to keep up.

"Where is Echo, Lucas and Cyrus?" Kalika asked.

"Right here," Cyrus said as he ran up close to her.

The three had just hurried and had just caught up to them. Kalika smiled as she watched them all approach her. She had finally caught her breath and was ready to run again.

"I'm sorry, you guys get rested, but I have to get my sister," Kalika said as she started to jog away.

"I should probably follow her," Marcus said, now with his energy, he was ready to chase her.

Lucas nodded and Marcus went on. Odysseus and Rhodes were still tired, because they were the first to chase Kalika, and they went pretty far.

"So," Lucas said as he talked with them.

"How will we tell Marcus?" Rhodes asked as he walked beside Cyrus.

"I don't know." Echo said as she looked at Odysseus.

"But we can't keep it a secret." Cyrus said as he looked at the others.

"Help!" They all heard.

Rhodes and Odysseus sped up and ran quickly to the sound, they both knew that voice anywhere, and they couldn't bear it if they lost their sister.

"Guys!" Another voice shouted out.

Lucas and Cyrus hurried, that was the voice of their brother, and they wouldn't survive without him.

Echo ran, but she just couldn't run fast enough to catch up with the rest of them, until she heard the last voice shouting for help.

---------------------

Hope you enjoyed! I had fun writing this chapter. 

I wanna just take a moment, to say that I pray for all those affected by Hurricane Harvey, and for those who are helping out with Hurricane Harvey, I pray for your safety, and for the safety of the victims.

Please tell me what you want more of, less of, and what I can keep doing.

Please: Comment, Follow, Vote, Share & Add!