Chapter 33

Marcus smiled as he sat Kalika up. She finally opened her eyes and looked into his eyes, giggling.

"You believed every second of that didn't you?" Kalika said as she let go of Marcus. 

"Yeah, we all did." He laughed as he sat beside her.

She tried to stay up herself, but that clearly wasn't an option for her. She put her hand on her head and kept it up. She felt Marcus's arm come around her immediately. She felt safe, okay, not alone.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"Yeah, just a headache." She replied, lying.

"Don't scare me." Marcus let out an uneasy laugh as he still held onto Kalika.

Kalika felt strange, she'd never felt this attached to someone, she never thought she'd let him hold her the way he did. Finally, Kalika decided to get off the bed and try and walk. Marcus let go of her but was following her very close behind.

"Oh! You okay?" He asked as he held Kalika up.

"Yeah, just tripped over my own feet." She tried for a smile and kept on going.

Kalika heard Marcus coming up behind her, clearly watching out for her. She decided she would do some things, things that would probably put him off course.

She tripped once more and landed on her hands and knees. She sat up and watched as Marcus rushed to her. She held her knee and arm, in reality, it hurt, but she made it seem much worse. She held her leg, as if it were sore and probably broken, it wasn't.

"Kalika!" Marcus said bending down beside her.

"Of course I'm fine." She said getting up herself, walking with a limp leg.

Marcus found him staring in awe, Kalika was still acting, testing him, and he liked it, but he knew that he'd be so worried every time. He watched as Kalika left the building and closed the door. He watched out the window as Kalika walked on, the limp still in her leg, and still with a sore arm.

Marcus had wished he could help, but there was nothing much he could do, he didn't want to seem too attached to Kalika, he didn't want to make things awkward between them, especially since they had been best friends since Marcus was 10 and Kalika was 4.

He sighed as he walked away from the window to go sit in the backyard. He started to hum a tune to himself as he started to carve into wood, one of his favourite hobbies. Soon, he found himself humming in harmony, Marcus raised his head to see who was humming along.

"Stars in the sky, Not much goes by." He heard someone stop humming and sing instead.

Marcus recognized these lyrics, a song he had once known but had soon forgotten.

"Together, forever." Kalika came around from the corner and sat beside Marcus.

"You still remember that song?" He asked as he put the carving down.

She nodded. "It was the first song I'd heard and learned, you taught me that song, we wrote it remember?" She smiled as she patted his hand.

"I do remember, and I love that song with all my heart," he said as he put another hand on top of hers.

~*~

Kalika hummed a tune and a boy came by, he watched as she sang to herself, an unknown song. He sat behind her and started to hum along, making a harmony. He watched as Kalika turned around to stare at himself.

"Who are you?" She asked, cautiously.

"Oh, Marcus," He replied as he stood up.

Kalika smiled as she looked at him, top to bottom. She wondered what this boy was doing here, why he was singing with her too.

"Don't you remember me?" Marcus asked.

"No... why?" Kalika asked as she walked towards him.

"We used to play all the time, you, me and my brothers, when you were 5." He replied picking at a leaf in his hand.

"Well, I don't remember any of that," Kalika said as she went back to folding clothes. "I am only 10 anyways."

"Yeah, and I'm only 16." He replied to her.

Marcus stood up and smiled as he started to fold clothes with her, but soon found himself stopping as Kalika grabbed his hand.

"I'm the servant around here, no need for you to work too, I probably would be serving you at the moment." She replied, sighing as she continued.

"I'm not a servant, but I'm here to help." He said, continuing anyways.

Kalika found herself smiling, happy that this boy wasn't just a guy who forgot about everyone else, he really did help others.

She just kept on with her job, and Marcus was there helping.

~*~

They would always recall that same memory, their favourite memories were always the vivid ones. Soon, they'd be making more memories, in the many years to come.

---------------------

I hope you liked it! sorry, it took so long, I had a very busy schedule...

Please: Comment, Follow, Vote, Share & Add!