1

O N E

⚫️parkjiminie
📍daegu, south korea

♡ 693 likesparkjiminie: mom insisted toby and i take a photo for the first day of school although i've had countless of first days before

693 likes
parkjiminie: mom insisted toby and i take a photo for the first day of school although i've had countless of first days before.
-
jaylabates: have fun, jiminie!! missin you lots
itsjustmarla: lookin cute in korea:)
jakeeefisher_: we miss you a shit ton bro; come back to cali soon🤧💀
gwenluvsu: don't know what i'm gonna do without you chim. miss you lots, bestie😘
-
february 9th, 2017

rough. rough was an understatement when describing park jimin's life. moving homes every two years was definitely more than rough, but what can you expect when your father is in the military? at least jimin's family (which consisted of him, his parents, and his dog toby) didn't have to live on the military base and was spared the luxury of being allowed to live in any home the parks pleased. jimin had done a fair amount of convincing to brainwash his parents into living in a home near downtown daegu; but jimin got most things he wanted due to being an only child. nothing's new there.

having to make new friends was something the boy had gotten used to since the ripe age of seven: when his father first enlisted for the military. seven was when the parks first left tampa, florida for the southern city of nashville, tennessee. tennessee was his least favorite home of them all; thank god he only lived there for six months until moving onto montana.

but having to make friends in a new country was something jimin hadn't quite grasped the idea of. sure he was a korean living in korea, but hell he'd only been to the country once since he was born and that was when he was twelve and visiting his grandparents for the new year. luckily, he'd known the native language fluently due to only speaking korean at home and english in public, with friends, and the likes. the language barrier wasn't the problem - it was the fact that the difference in culture was larger than anyone's will to live and he was a gay boy living in a country that hadn't even thought to legalize same-sex marriage anytime soon.

nonetheless, jimin found reasons to smile- like how he could now eat ramen everyday damn day if he wanted to and could take the subway to school and feel like a korean soap-opera character.

jimin's fluffy taupe hair rustled around as he wizzed down the streets daegu towards his new high school. a blanket of melting grey-tainted snow covered the city as spring crept upon the country. his cheeks flushed with a rosy blush and his doc marten's had drops of water on them due to stepping in heavily polluted snow. he slid his phone in his back pocket after checking his instagram notifications.

693 likes? damn, chim.

a gummy smile radiated on his melanin infested skin as he read the comments like the one his best friend gwen had left him. damn, did he miss her. he'd gone to school with he bleach-blonde bubbly girl for two years while he lived in santa monica, california. they were close from the minute he arrived at that ghetto school.

every californian girl needs her gay best friend, she insisted and they were joined at the hip ever since.

too nervous to bear, jimin frantically made his way to his first class of the day at nine in the morning. damn, did he like waking up at eight am a thousand times more instead of seven am for the strenuous early morning classes he and all students of the world had to endure.

the classroom was small and cold, but the big windows that lined a whole entire wall of the room cast bright beams of golden sunlight and shadows and jimin certainly wasn't complaining. as his eyes glazed the room over he noticed the teacher wasn't there yet but plenty (maybe twenty) students were chattering in the room.

he practically bolted to the nearest empty desk, head ducked low, without being noticed. strange, he wondered. not all eyes suddenly became fixated in him like he had seen in cliche kdramas (that were totally aimed for girls). maybe it was the fact that, well, he was korean and looked korean and no different from anyone else except for the fact that he may have been more muscular than any of the guys at that school. or maybe it was the fact that honest-to-god no one cared about the new student from the states.

but when one person starts talking, doesn't everyone?

"hey, that's the new kid from the usa!"

"are you sure? he doesn't look american to me."

they spoke in korean, probably hoping that he wouldn't be able to understand their annoying gossip.

he rolled his eyes at the female students who were sitting in their seats behind him. soon after he felt a light tap on his shoulder and jolted in his seat.

"hello?" a girl said in broken english with an evident korean accent.

jimin turned around and she quickly flashed a bright smile at him.

"are you new student?" she continued to speak in her slightly embarrassing accent. but the girl was cute nonetheless. her hair was smooth and was (probably dyed) a natural mocha color that flattered her porcelain skin and espresso eyes.

"yes. my names jimin par- i mean park jimin. i'm from california, in the usa," he said politely in his perfect korean, leaving her shocked. a smile grew wide on his face.

"ohhh. so you speak korean? my english isn't that good," she joked and he nodded yes to answer her question which made his fluffy hair bounce up and down.

"i just moved here a week ago. what's your name?"

"i'm yoon baram. third year student. and you?"

"i'm a juni- third year too. i really like your hair color, by the way," he complimented her shyly. soon after she brought a hand to her hair and brushed her nimble fingers through the soft locks and managed to say 'thank you'.

"if you'd like, you can sit with my friends and i at lunch hour today. you won't be the only boy there, though," a giggle fell through her lips and she pushed a piece of hair behind her ear.

thank god.

jimin practically felt as if jesus himself had told jimin that he was saved from eating alone at lunch. a smile plagued his face soon after and he agreed yes and blushed a bit.

not long after the teacher finally appeared and class had begun and the teacher introduced the new student: something jimin would never get used to wherever he may be.

hey!! so that was the first chapter of foreign. i hope everyone enjoyed. i'm a little nervous to write it since none of my yoonmin fics have ever gone too well, so i hope this one is lucky.

anyway, please add to your reading lists, comment and vote!

have a wonderful day.

love,

sara