58

F I F T Y E I G H T

it was april 28th, a friday, and the whole crew was out on the streets of daegu. the city was bustling as jimin, yoongi and their friends roamed every corner. street lamps illuminated the roads and so did the light emitted from the windows of the skyscrapers. the light was warm and golden, casting an orange glow that contrasted with the moon's silver rays.

namjoon's fingers were interwined with seokjin's as they tried out different dishes at each booth their eyes could find. yoongi and jimin were too busy watching a man play a guitar in the middle of the street, to which jimin gave him a few won. the other four were trying on hats at a booth.

laughter produced by the crowd flooded the city. yoongi and jimin watched taehyung photograph baram while she made funny poses. jimin's own giggles flossed through the air and yoongi silently swooned. they made yoongi's own lips curl at the corners while he fought the laughter bubbling inside of him. his cheeks swelled with pressure, but it was no use. the fits of laughing erupted as baram - slut dropped - in the middle of the street. it was habit for jimin to collapse into the person closest to him, and he slapped his knee repeatedly.

these were the golden days of their youth. the ones spent without worry or resentment. before adulthood and responsibilities poured down on them, the eight teenagers were in no mind to let the future tug at their sleeves. although not easy, life was simple compared to what the future would hold.

there would be taxes and paying the bills, working and supporting themselves, and staying true to their promises. in their eyes, the future was so close yet so far, and they were excited about it.

yoongi's eyes roamed jimin's body as he began envisioning nights in an apartment together while the youngest of the two practiced a dance in the living room. the elder would attend his recitals, drive him to his auditions, bring him flowers to each performance, all while there six best friends would be there to navigate life with them.

the only black haired male of the couple couldn't help but to pull jimin to his side and kiss the top of his head under the moon and its stars. the street lights would flicker every now and then, and the air remained warm due to the late spring weather. the warmth from the air, from their hearts', and the lights engulfed jimin. the rythm of his heart slowed with the comfort yoongi flooded his mind with. he giggled as yoongi's hand ran up and down the small of jimin's back where hickies tainted his skin under his thin cotton shirt.

"come on, lovebirds!" taehyung yelled as the group began pushing themselves through the crowd.

jimin and yoongi linked hands as they followed their friends. they soon neared an area where people stood around a gap in the crowd. a stereo was placed in the background along with sound equipment while yoongi, hoseok and namjoon all remembered the location too well.

a man stood in the center of the gap, a microphone close to his lips as he walked the expanse of the pavement and chipped road. baram and daeha were already laughing profusely as past memories flooded their minds. jimin could only assume that the three "rappers" - if you could even call them that  - had been here before.

before jimin could begin to ask what was going on, the man who everyone assumed was MCing began speaking into the metal cage of the microphone.

"now tonight folks, it appears we have a very special guest appearance from three veterans of d-town."

a grin found its way onto jimin's face before the blond grabbed yoongi by his shoulders and pushed him into the center. the ravenette began blushing profusely until his two of his best friends joined him. they were each given a wireless microphone and the crowd's hollers began growing louder.