28

T W E N T Y  E I G H T

(listen to the song while reading pls)

when the clock struck eight, jimin found himself bolting out the door to hoseok's house. he didn't even bother to call anyone for a ride; he just needed to see yoongi.

his lungs were crying with each breathe he took, begging him to stop running so fast or to stop running at all. the raven haired boy would never be able to get himself to stop running. it seemed as if at any moment his heart would bound out of his chest but he would still charge as quickly as possible. rain began to crash down on his tired body but that wasn't going to stop him, either.

he ran for a whole hour from his side of the city to hoseok's house until he realized how stupid he was to run; but when he was standing in front of the door he didn't even care about the sweat dripping down his forehead and his neck glazed with it, too.

he remembered what it was like the last time he was at hoseok's house. it was the night of the party when he had first moved to korea a month ago. to jimin, it was quite surreal how much he had changed in the past month. sure he was daring, but not daring enough to beg for someone at his door step of need be.

without even practicing what he was going to say to the elder, his knuckles met the wood door followed by the sound of a dog barking.

"ah! shut up, mickey!" jimin heard yoongi's low voice through the walls. and then he was there with dark, sunken eyes and messy bed head. if it wasn't for last night's events, jimin wouldn't have been able to realize how gorgeous min yoongi was. and not just gorgeous in some sort of platonic way, but he was the kind of gorgeous that made jimin's already tired heart pick up the pace. he was gorgeous despite how he looked like he hadn't slept in a week.

"jimin, what're you-"

"you like me, right?"

the older boy scrunched up his face, his brows furrowing as his eyes skittered up and down jimin's sweaty face. "can you just forget about that? it's embarrassing. you don't have to like me back. i want things to be the way they used to be. i'm just gonna push the feelings away-"

"i ran from my house to here in the pouring rain for a whole hour, you know. i probably look like shit but i ran here to see you, hyung. and not just to tell you you're stupid for liking me, but to tell you i don't want you to stop."

"it's just best for me to stop so i don't get hurt."

"kiss me."

"what?"

"i need to know what it's going to feel like to have your lips against mine for however long we're going to be together."

"wait. i don't really, um, know what you're saying-"

yoongi wasn't going to be able to finish his words with his lips against jimin's damp ones. the rain fell down upon their pressed bodies as yoongi's large hands found themselves placed on jimin's hips after easing into the kiss while the younger boy's arms were snaked around his neck. the elder's lungs grew desperate for a breath of air, but he was afraid he would forget how jimin's lips tasted- exactly the opposite of how he thought they would taste. they were better, though. they were sweet with the taste of vanilla, maybe?

the few weeks filled with pain were forgotten when they pulled away and their eyes found each other's. jimin's eyes were transformed into crescents despite yoongi's chocolate orbs being filled with shock.

"why do you look so scared?"

the pitter patter of rain against the road filled the air until yoongi started breathily giggling to himself. "are first kisses supposed to be that good?"

"only if they're as cliche as the ones like this where they happen in the pouring rain on someone's doorstep."

"very true," he joked back.

jimin couldn't help but wrap his arms around yoongi's frail waist and bury his face in his shoulder, breathing in his scent as if he was afraid he would ever be able to smell it again.

"can you come back home now? toby's not big enough to cuddle," he mumbled against the sopping wet fabric of his hoodie, not planning on letting go anytime soon.

october 8th, 2017

trIPLE UPDATE BINCHES
i can't stop writing,, sorry://