32

T H I R T Y T WO

after eating a helping of mcdonald's that yoongi had gotten for jimin, both boys sat on jimin's bed; books in hand while they studied for an english test. well, yoongi studied and jimin helped.

they had made of discovery of yoongi not being able to pronounce an 'sp' sound correctly without it turning into an 'f'.

"you infire me-"

"yoongi, babe, in-sp-ire. not infire. that's not even a word," jimin's soft laughs filled the candle lit room. yoongi lied with his stomach against the blankets and a book in front of him while jimin propped himself on his side.

too frustrated to bear, he shut the book in front of him and pressed his forehead on it. a low grunt followed after. "why do i even need to learn english? it's so stupid..."

"i speak english, you cuck."

"oh, yeah, right," he scratched his head. yoongi couldn't believe he had forgot one of jimin's defining features.

"but it's fine if you don't learn it. that means i continue to gossip about you without being to understand it." jimin's words were meant to provoke him playfully, so when yoongi heard them he pushed the book of the bed with a low thump cussing toby to jump off after. he climbed on top of jimin, tickling his love handles.

it seemed as if jimin convulsed when tears nearly left the dips of his eyes from laughing so hard. it was a beautiful sight, really, when the corners of park jimin's eyes crinkled like paper and his lips parted to let his music-like giggles floss through the air. at that moment, his face was immobile. it folded like origami paper to match his pleads for help and his cheeks began to look like they were painted with paint due to the redness they had turned. fat tears rolled down the apples of them, falling down his jawline and finally dripping down his chiseled chin.

his sounds were contagious, and before long yoongi found himself laughing just as hard with his legs placed on either side of jimin's waist, knees digging into the cloud like foam, while jimin's legs flopped and fussed. he tried to worm the older boy off his body until he eventually stopped and they were left to gaze into each other's hickory-hues orbs.

yoongi could never understand why people thought of brown eyes as boring, especially when a pair so beautiful were staring into his. chocolate eyes were completely underrated, he thought. those dark pools of cinnamon and oak glimmers were one of the things yoongi adored.  it was so hard to read brown eyes. you would never be able to tell when a person's eyes were dilated with adoration or shrunken with fear. they were a mystery anyone had yet to figure out.

before he could catch himself, yoongi found himself drooling over jimin out loud. "you have really nice eyes."

"w-what?"

"nothing-"

"no, i heard what you said. but brown eyes are so boring; aren't they?"

"you're so wrong. they're rich and deep and they're so dark you lose all light in them to the point where you get lost, you know. but when you do see what's going on there's little specks of white, like stars. and you begin to count all those little stars in brown eyes. each one is another reason to adore someone's coffee orbs."

his unplanned words were like poems which turned jimin's heart to jelly and his brain to mush. "that was..."

"embarrassing." "hot."

"what the hell do you mean that was hot?" yoongi was flabbergasted as he balled jimin's shirt into a fist with rumpled eyebrows.

"it just was."