23

T W E N T Y  T H R E E

"mom, i fucking promise we didn't do anything."

yoongi just sat at the kitchen table, eyes wide and ears open as he listened to the chaos ensuing between jimin and his mother, the english language coming out of their mouths.

"jimin park, watch your language and i'll let you off with a warning. just use protection, okay?"

jimin. language. protection. that had been all yoongi understood.

the boy in front of him's cheeks burst into a bright pink, eyes growing to the eyes of the moon as if he was set on fire. yoongi had wondered what had made the boy so embarrassed. if this continued any longer, the two would have been late to school.

but before yoongi could intervene, jimin was dragging his mother by the arm to the hallway connected to the kitchen, leaving the painstakingly hung over boy alone with his headache.

five minutes later the mother-son duo returned, a look of worry plaguing mrs. park's gentle features.

"come on, hyung. let's go."

the two leapt out the front door without another word. it was cold out, but the sun was basking through a sky of pinks and purples. it glowed across the city, the snow had melted leaving the roads slick and polluted with black leftovers of the once pure substance.

yoongi walked over to the driver's seat but jimin attested saying,"hyung, you shouldn't be driving with a hangover."

the elder rolled his eyes but nonetheless he complied with jimin. as the car ran along the streets of daegu towards the school. as ignored the pain in his head, he focused on the world around him- something he couldn't do usually while in the driver's seat.

there was beauty in the world once he forgot about his home life; like how sunrises would form and melt and the melted snow which made roads slick. he watched a boy and a girl clad in uniforms stroll on the side walks and how a jacket, which was probably his, had draped over her small frame. it reminded him how there was kindness in the world, too.

"my mom said you can stay for us for however long you want. and we can buy you new clothes if you don't want to go back to your house. she and i just want you safe, hyung."

the younger's words were pure kindness filled with altruism and care for the elder. jimin, whose existence yoongi had only known of for a week was an uncontaminated kindness.

maybe the reason because yoongi hadn't received kindness in so long and jimin was there pouring it out to him was the reason he was crying.

min yoongi didn't cry. at least when he wasn't with jimin.

september 24th, 2017

we. got. 16k.

:)))

i love you all so much and thank you from the bottom of my crippled heart.
this chapter is ppp late im sorry:(

anyways, i hope every single one of you is happy and healthy.

with much love,
adios!

sara