59| THE END | EPILOGUE

F I F T Y N I N E

in the few months yoongi and jimin had left of living in korea, so much had happened. seokjin had managed to fully convince namjoon to get visas and spend a year in the states to study and be near their best friends. hoseok and daeha also flocked with their friends as they all grew excited to leave korea.

yoongi had never seen anything more perfect than jimin twirling across a stage and receiving a bouquet of peonies. in contrast to his breathtaking performances on a stage, knew how to act like a fool on the dance-floor with his friends at prom.

graduation caps flew in the air and diplomas were received. parents cried and tears were shed. namjoon was endlessly praised by seokjin for his outstanding valedictorian speech. hoseok was glad to have made it and daeha enjoyed accompanying him along the way.

there was so much history left in those daegu streets.

-

"i think that's the last of it," jimin sighed as he placed down a box in his studio apartment. the walls were made of a worn and weathered red brick that yoongi thought added character.

a pair of warm arms wrapped around his waist and kisses met the base of his neck. they were so familiar and they reminded jimin of a stormy night in jeju island.

"now we wait for seokjin to storm in here and do all the work for us," yoongi yawned as he brought the pair to the couch. their limbs were entangled and their breathing was synced. jimin thought he was about to fall asleep sheltered by the warmth and endearment if yoongi's embrace. jet lag and dozens of cardboard boxes didn't mix.

"wish we could but we have to go meet that crackhead in the cafeteria down the street."

jimin brushes raven tufts of hair away from yoongi's porcelain face. how did he get so lucky?

although the had grown up in a city like daeha, new york was different. everyone was always in a rush and the air felt different. he wasn't familiar with the streets like before, he didn't have a place to hide if he needed to. however, with jimin he wouldn't need one.

jimin was home and he was always there. he was shelter and warmth and comfort and strength and what yoongi needed jimin to be. jimin was a rainbow and thunderstorms and kisses in the rain and endless devotion and a light at the end of a tunnel.

jimin was glad he would be able to explore a new life with yoongi. they were both young and afraid but they had each other to hold fearlessly and forever.

when jimin gazed at yoongi he didn't see a charity case or someone who needed saving. he saw someone who simply needed support and to be built upon, not made anew.

"what if we hadn't met?" yoongi pondered aloud.

the smaller boy- no, man raised a brow but stayed quiet as he knew yoongi would continue.

"what if you got stationed in germany or something? would we still end up together somehow, someway in this apartment? would i still be living the way i was without you? would i still smoke half a pack a day and drink until the sun came up and my fingers were blue? who would i be if i hadn't met you?"

jimin presses his soft lips against yoongi's as he ran his fingertips through yoongi's hair. when they finish their eyes meet. jimin's gaze is always something new and different. it always leaves yoongi wondering what kind of love they show every time they pull away.

"we would have made it here. we're supposed to be here, no matter when it would be or how it would have happened. there will always be an us right here in every universe and dimension or whatever shit the world is made of. we will always exist. you, me, and this tower of brick."

this was happiness. this was home. this is what yoongi had hoped for for forever.

"i may never get to meet my parents. i probably won't get the opportunity to become some world famous rapper or idol. but i do get to know how it feels to be loved; and it's so fucking lovely to be loved by someone as gorgeous as you. love no longer feels so foreign, and it's all thanks to you."

-

february 18, 2019

and that is it.

maybe one day i'll come back and write another twenty chapters before this one. but for now, this is what i can give you guys: a project i put my heart soul into until i just couldn't do it anymore.

it was a wild ride for almost two years and so many of you are still here even after the first chapter i posted.

i want to thank every single on of you whose comment made my heart soar at the sight of it.
being able to make you all feel emotions is so refreshing and it makes me feel important.

i hope every one of you feels important, too. we may not all get a great love story like this one or like the fault in our stars or whatever your perfect picture romance is, but we all deserve one.

especially you.

so thank you for foreign, because without each of you i couldn't have even made this mediocre epilogue.

writing this chapter made me realize how truly and deeply in love i am with words and being able to put them together to make paragraphs and pages and chapters.

i want to dedicate this to so many people,

my readers who gave me courage to pursue writing this book,

my best friend who i am not close with anymore but who supported me in this project,

bts because duh,

and lastly,
myself
i deserve it.

thank you for everything,
let us close this page and proceed with the rest of our lives! continue to grow and to love and learn about yourself

love,

sara

let's stay in touch!
instagram and twitter profiles
found in my bio.