54

F I F T Y  F O U R

[M]

jimin paced around his room with his arms crossed. tears streamed down his face and onto the carpet floor. his eyes were swollen and red, his nose was the same color and by then jimin had grown to hate the taste of the salt of tears. his shoulders shook with each breath he took. incoherent words fumbled from his cracked lips like "he should have called by now" or "i fucked shit up".

he had been like that for half an hour; miserable and absolutely guilty for leading yoongi on for so long. it was just... he didn't even know how to take care of the situation himself. jimin's mind dwelled on it often. the idea that maybe they could do long distance fluttered by every now and then, but for four years? hell no. jimin wouldn't do that. and although yoongi may have (not so) happily complied, he would be lonely for a gruesome few years.

they both envied their friends. everything was so well figured it out for the six of them. namjoon and jin decided to stay in daegu for college while hoseok and daeha would move to seoul and, as they called it, "live a glamorous life where neither of them would where clothes that weren't designer and they would have sex in each bedroom of their mansion, all nine of them'". taehyung had been accepted nyu, a college in the heart of new york city. baram,the only one who knew about jimin's departure, had thought to have just moved to america with jimin, wherever he went. and it would be new york.  jimin envisioned a life of him and yoongi with toby in an apartment somewhere near campus, it would be expensive, but waking up to him every day was the dream. they'd go on walks with the dog in the mornings if yoongi would ever get up from that damn bed.

jimin couldn't figure out how he didn't have the idea before. it was simple really, just bringing yoongi to new york with him. to him it was a revelation. but, what if yoongi didn't want to leave korea? jimin found that hard to believe. daegu hadn't been exactly kind to him in recent years. but maybe yoongi had decided to give the city a second chance after high school.

enough about what yoongi wanted after high school, jimin's first priority was to find the asshole. and the first step to doing that was giving jung hoseok a call while crying.

"hoseok..."

"daeha- it's just jimin- no just- give back the phone- i don't care that you didn't finish- i- yeah, jimin?"

jimin's cheeks reddened. so that's how daeha's sunday was going, which meant that yoongi wasn't with hoseok.

"i- um- oh gosh. well, ididn'ttellyoongiiwasleavingkoreaafterhighschoolandhejuststartedcryingandleftmeandnowweshouldprobablygofindhim."

"what?!"

"i said-"

"i understood you, jimin. i'm having daeha beat your ass when we get to your place."

"thanks hobi. finish with daeha first so she doesn't actually kill me."

that's when jimin ended the call. he sat himself on the edge of his bed and let out a huff. his knee bounced up and down until he buried his face in his hands and cried a bit more. at the moment he just wanted to give into all of the gloom and lay in bed until tomorrow.

but the idea was shut off when ten minutes later a honk resounded throughout jimin's home. he heard his mom call for him from he bottom of stairs, telling jimin that "hoseok's outside and sure, honey! it's totally fine for you to go out on a school night!"

jimin managed to chuckle as he raced down the stairs before kissing mrs. park on the cheek and running out the door. he fumbled into the back seat until buckling himself in.