48

F O R T Y E I G H T

jimin always hated lying. even as a kid he despised the way his heart would clench and his palms would sweat as he bended his words and fed lies. he rarely did it, except for the spare occurrence when his mother had asked why there were boys kissing on fourteen year old jimin's computer screen and he simply replied with ,"boys kissing? gross." she just furrowed her brows together and scurried along, not really ready for muddling with her son's curious brain.

but as much as he hated false truths and murky answers, he found himself handing them out like candy when he would hold hands with yoongi in the hallways on mid-april school days. everything was so calm and cool, but it was as fake as jimin's words when he spoke of all the fun the two would have in the summer.

they would speak of dream colleges and their future filled with owning nine cats in their apartment in seoul, a dream that would never come true. but jimin let himself fog yoongi's love crazed mind. he loved to make him smile, and revealing the inexorable future they would soon have to face.

after school jimin would hurry to dance practice an rehearse for his early summer dance recital. then when his hours filled and fueled with the energy of dancing came to a close, the boy would tell yoongi that he couldn't come over because he had to study. but in reality, jimin had began to drown in college applications to juilliard and ucla and schools where jimin would spend his days dancing his days away.

to wither in studios and on stages until his hair turned grey was jimin's plan in life. it had been until life took one of many several unexpected detours and landed him in the middle of south korea with a new set of friends and a love interest, too.

january 16th, 2018

ive been too busy writing my new book to make full chapters for this or to the bone im sorry ughhhh