3

T H R E E

the foreigner and his newfound friends, baram and yoongi, scurried into their english class (something baram was actually awful at) and sat down at a square table with four chairs. jimin sat parallel from yoongi and next to baram. the empty seat at the table was never filled, so he assumed that yoongi and baram had been sitting together since the beginning of the school year.

not even a minute later the teacher, whose name had been revealed to be mr. lee, pointed a wrinkled finger at jimin from the front of the room.

"it is with my pleasure we introduce our new foreign student," he proclaimed and conjured the boy next to where he stood.

jimin gulped. he wasn't fond of public speaking, especially in front of a room of twenty snarky koreans.

"hi. my name is jim-" he began in fluent english. nervously, he cleared his throat and let out a meek chuckle.

"let me try this again," he was able to say in korean,"my name is park jimin. i am the new student from santa monica, california in the usa, although i am full korean. i am a third year and i hope you guys welcome me nicely here. thank you," he muttered sweetly and bolted to his desk with his head hung low as an evident blush developed on his already rosy cheeks. baram clapped quietly while everyone else stayed silent.

"well shall we begin, class?" mr. lee asked metaphorically. "mr. park seems to be excellent at english so i'm sure he'll be glad to help out other students in need. is that right mr. park?"

his gaze turned to jimin and the poor boy couldn't help but stammer the word 'yes' when all he wanted to say was the word 'no'. yoongi chuckled at the boy as if he could read his mind.

fuck you, jimin thought to yoongi and mr. lee.

as the afternoon went by and the hours of the day skimmed away jimin began to grow relieved it was ending so soon.

he looked at the watch on his wrist that read 4:03 pm as he walked out of the building with baram still by his side like it had been all day. nonetheless, he enjoyed the company she brought and wouldn't change a damn thing about today.

"hey, jimin. i texted hoseok earlier and he said he wanted to throw a party tonight to welcome you to school. not a big one, just the lunch table and a few other people," an innocent voice rang in. jimin was surprised by the announcement.

"uh, sure. i'm not busy tonight. i just have to ask my parents-"

"your parents? ahhh! i'd love to meet them. i can pick you up from your house tonight at nine!" the sweet girl insisted. jimin managed a yes before she started rambling about what they would wear to the party.

soon enough they parted ways and headed home to get ready for the party. honestly jimin was still surprised that korean kids did party; not to mention the fact that he was shocked someone was throwing a party just for him.

the tired boy made his way into his home and into his room on the second floor. he assumed his mother wasn't home due to the fact that her car wasn't in the driveway, and his father must have been at the military base working on
something.

almost too tired to do anything, he plopped on his bed after setting his bag down on the ground and lied down on his back. his eyes glazed over the ceiling until he pulled his phone out of his back pocket and began to cure his boredom with the device.

[snapchat]
1 notification from gwen💖

jimin opened the app only to reveal cute photo the girl sent.

jimin replied with 'it's great! my first party is tonight actually haha'

she texted back immediately although the difference in time zones was dramatic.

'omg yay!! find some cute boys and lemme know how it goes when you're done:)'

a second later he called his mom to ask about the party since she wasn't present. luckily, she approved of the plan and only requested he be home by midnight.

jimin smiled and set the phone down on his bed before toby comes running in and plops down on the bed himself. he figured it wasn't too early nor too late to take a nap and set an alarm for 7:30 pm to wake up and get ready.

hi!! i'm really happy with how the story is coming along. everything is going according to plan and sailing smoothly.

(unlike the characters' lives in this book, haha.)

i hope everyone had a good day.
love you all!!

bye!