51

F I F T Y O N E

jimin sat in a hallway lined with chairs that had papers stuck to them printed with bold, black numbers. he gulped loudly, his eyes burning holes into a door that led into a large room the size of a ballroom. curtains had covered the window into the room, preventing him and any of the seventy other boys and girls sitting along the walls with him from seeing inside the soon-to-be-open room. it was ten in the morning and jimin had woken up at six that morning to catch the earliest train to seoul with his mother.

he wore usual dancer's attire: a fitted white t-shirt and male's tights along with his go to jazz shoes. they were his third pair he had bought that season as he danced so often they needed to be replaced often. his jet black hair was styled for once with gel, something jimin never really cared for. but when he was in this situation, it was necessary for him to do whatever it took to impress a tough panel of judges. his hard gaze on the wooden door was broken as a small group of other teenagers left the room.

there were only seven of them as the other sixty-four had been eliminated from further examination and judging. the students wore wide smiles and their faces were flushed red, some of them had sweat beading down their foreheads.

jimin looked down at the number that was pinned onto his shirt until a woman in all black with a sleek bun entered the hallway with linoleum floors and white walls. his already racing heart was booming at this point as it pounded at a unbelievable pace.

a moment he had been anticipating since he was eight had finally arrived, and it hadn't sunk in until jimin's number along with seventy others were called. they all rose eventually, hands balled into fists as their arms were glued to their sides, head held high and shoulders back. it was as if someone had a hold on each one of their noses, pinching them and holding them high. jimin wished he could say the same about his appearance, but no, he was shaking. his once confident and bold demeanor had been swallowed up and spit out at that very moment.

the next hour was a blur as minutes and seconds melted and meshed together. boys and girls performed simple moves and stunts with utmost technique they could each muster until sixty of them left one by one. some toes went unpointed and several fingers were not graceful enough. good posture was lacking and feet were sickled. the students were required to learn a routine from a video emailed to them by the judges earlier that month.

it was a simple lyrical piece with several calypso jumps and pirouettes. fouettes and arabesques were frequent, too, as jimin and other remaining students danced to a piano-only version of christina perri's "jar of hearts". his mind was reminded of yoongi for the entirety of the routine, his heart was heavy and his mind was flooding with guilt. every ounce of energy jimin forced out of him was for yoongi, as if the boy with a heart of stone that bled gold was there watching him.

he still had yet to tell anyone he was leaving. they rarely spoke about the future, but it was coming soon. maybe he could bring him with him? no. yoongi wasn't a follower. he battled life at his own pace and took each step as he pleased.

it was almost impossible for jiminto to stop lying. he had lied the day before, telling yoongi and he and his mother would go on a weekend trip together. he wasn't lying- partially - but jimin had failed to tell him the true purpose of his time away from home.

but jimin, although barely keeping his panic at bay, had hidden his crumbling mind and remained in the now barren room. only eight girls remained along with two boys, and jimin was part of the lucky pair. if he was honest with himself, jimin would have told himself he was doing great so far, but he didn't want to jinx a slim chance he had of advancing to stage two of the audtion process.

the process was long and grueling as it was two days long for the people who would be accepted into juilliard, the school he was auditioning for all the way in seoul which he had taken a train to with his mother earlier that morning. they had rented a hotel room that morning, expecting jimin to still be around for a possible acceptance the next day if fate was on his side.

and on that day it was. jimin left the ballroom with a ticket to the next day's last and final step to getting a full-ride scholarship to nyu and a seat on its dance team. his cheeks were flaming and his mother's face lit up as he left the room. sweat trickled down his forehead.

and then so did the tears.

he had no idea where they had originated. was he scared of leaving yoongi behind? had his heart sunk as it drowned from swimming in guilt? or maybe he was crying tears of joy.

regardless of what it was, he was crouched in the middle of a swarm of dancers. his face was buried in the palm of his hands as his breath stuttered. it hurt to breathe, and his lungs felt as if they collapsed.

so as he took his puffy face from his hands and his eyes met the ceiling lights, his head hit the floor and he was succumbed to a darkness.

well fuck.

may 23rd, 2018

well hey there

i fucking suck at wattpad???

like??????
i?????
just????
suck???
at??
life?

i took yet ANOTHER month and a half long break that you guys don't fucking deserve im so sorry.
i had another breakup and just got sad again and everyone keeps cheating on me and uh 🤪🤪🤩🤩

also the day after the last chapter i threw my phone at the wall out of anger while having an anxiety attack so i broke my phone and i had to get a new one???

bahaha we love being healthy mentally 🤩🤩

ily all bye bye!!

i promise i'll try harder!!

thank u for 302k reads !

(p.s. go listen to JINJIN's new song called LIKE A KING ! it is literally a bop it's so good and he's so talented so yeah)

wait hold up i have an idea 🤠🤠
if y'all have kakao or snapchat or instagram i kinda want a start a group chat and make friends with you guys bc ily all ur so sweet so please leave your thoughts down below!!