53

F I F T Y T H R E E

the waterworks started running as yoongi slammed his car door closed. the sound clapped like thunder throughout the dusky night as the sun set and clouds rolle in. he rested his forehead against the wheel while he had a grip on it. it's deja vu when he remembered a winter night from no too many months ago, when his body was tainted with alcohol and cigarettes. but one thing was different, an it was the fact that park jimin would not be saving him again.

yoongi was on his own again, he was sure of it. so he snapped out of his sullen mood and shut the tears off. he pressed the gas and raced out of jimin's driveway although some part of him wished that he would run out of his front door before the older could leave.

so he waited a second. and then another.

and then he was gone. at first he drove in hoseok's home's direction, but yoongi did not like the idea of being saved that night. so before he knew it, he had parked in the driveway of place he had tried to forget. his eyes fluttered towards the last glimmer of the sun and the orange and pink brushstrokes in the sky faded away to an ebony pool sprinkled with little stars and other galaxies. they winked at him from miles away beyond the new moon's corona. the one's closest to him look like pinpricks flashing in the black void of darkness. others further away from human comprehension barely crept out from the dark veil.

he looked to the driveway and saw himself with a bike with training wheels and two grandparents with adoring smiles. the bushes were filled with roses and they had been recently attended to by his grandmother. and then, like so many times before, he had fallen over. his knee bled, an like a flash of lightning both of them fled to his side before brining him inside.

yoongi smiled before wondering if they would be like that again. so he hoped, and hoped, and hoped as he found himself on the doorstep. his knuckles gravitated to the door and he inhaled and exhaled before he actually made any further advances to let anyone know he was there. but eventually he did.

and when someone must have heard the knock from inside, the door swung open and yoongi's hands were shaking he mumbled, "hi."

and a pair of arms that hadn't been kind in so long swung around yoongi's frame. his arms were locked to side and as much as yoongi wanted to bury his face in the crook of the man's shoulder, his eyes were blown and fixated on an all too familiar face. for once in a blue moon, her lips were pulled into a smile. and yoongi smiled too. and he wanted to tell himself it was a dream, that thy were still the same people and nothing had changed, but when her lips met the top of his head for the first time in two years yoongi was glad he was there.

so for the first since he could remember last, all three of them sat around a table and they laughed while enjoying a meal yoongi's grandmother worked so earnestly to create. not even a drip of alcohol was present. and all they spoke of was how much they missed him, and they loved him. they even somehow remembered that yoongi's graduation was soon, and they proclaimed that they were proud. all yoongi could do was smile and laugh and tell them he couldn't wait for them to attend.

the conversation took a turn as yoongi stuffed his mouth with another mouthful of japchae and beef.

"do you have a girlfriend?" his grandfather asked, a smile plastered across his face. his eyes were bright and yoongi didn't want to ruin anything again. so yoongi nodded an eager 'yes' as his cheeks puffed from chewing his food.

"what's she like, darling?" the other intervenes, dragging the topic on. her eyes twinkled with delight and yoongi wondered if they remembered that he was gay. or maybe they did and they just hoped that yoongi had finished with his 'phase'. yoongi swallowed deeply after telling himself he had just dug a deep grave and before long he's making up lies.

"well, she's got really pretty black hair, and super nice eyes. they're dark and they've got yellow flecks in them. she dances at a studio and she's like, super awesome at it, you know? and she wants to cuddle all the time-"

"like any girl should," his grandfather chuckled softly at yoongi's long spiel before telling him to continue.

"she was born and lived in america, actually, even though she's korean. her dad's in the american military and they got stationed here," and before yoongi knew it, he had just described his boyfriend.

"tell her to come over for dinner some time soon. i'd love to teach her the family recipes," mrs. min chortled lightly. she rose from her seat and began collecting the plates off the table. yoongi shot up and began helping until being told that he should rest.

it was never like that before. it was always him cleaning up the beer and soju bottles, picking up the dishes, and cleaning the house until the late hours of the night when they had passed out from the alcohol.

instead of doing what he expected, he found himself on the couch with mr. min watching some american basketball game. it was between the brooklyn nets and... yoongi couldn't tell you what the name of the other team was. he knew it was the nets when he miraculously identified mr. park's favorite person, the infamous jeremy lin. silently, yoongi laughed with himself. he remembered the conversation he had had with him earlier that day and the on ehe and jimin shared only a mere two hours ago.

"so have you gotten into basketball yet?"

"uh, um yeah! that's jeremy lin right there. he's like 6'3 you know. super good point guard."

"how'd you know that?" the man gasped next to him. yoongi looked at him with a smile, his gums flashed whenever he did and jimin loved it when they did. key word, loved.

"jimin's dad taught me about him, heh..."he just laughed dryly, scratching the nape of his neck.

"so that's her name huh?"

"yeah, she's lovely."

june 1, 2018

how would u guys feel about another q&a???

also check out my other book, "when he sees me". i'm not gonna lie it's super good already and it's only 1 chapter.

bye!

ily:]