26

T W E N T Y S I X

jimin didn't know wether or not to be angry at yoongi or be scared for him. but jimin did know that he wished yoongi was next to him again. he wished that ominous boy with the dark past and and low voice was next to him asleep as the sun rose.

jimin's which wasn't grantable at the moment. it wouldn't be fulfilled until he and hoseok had checked every corner of the city and found him.

it had been three hours and after twenty three investigations at different locations around daegu, yoongi was still gone. he hadn't answered any of jimin's twenty-three phone calls or nineteen unread messages.

"so what happened before you left the house?" hoseok asked as they drove in his car with his eyes focused on the road in front of him.

"he was lying in our bed while i was getting ready-"

"our bed?"

"well i'm not making him sleep on the couch. anyway, he asked where i was going. so i said on a date."

"you went on a date?"

"yeah. it was shitty. i'm never seeing that dude again. why're you asking?"

"do you think yoongi could have been upset at all?"

"he didn't seem like it."

"that's the thing about, yoongi-hyung. he's so good at hiding his emotions and this is where it fucking gets him!"

by then, hoseok was practically yelling. he pulled over on the side of the road, parking in some grass along the street. a deep breath later, jimin's eyes were wide as he looked at the fuming boy next to him.

"sorry... i just wish he wouldn't keep everything so locked up."

"what do you mean."

it was as if before hoseok answered he was hesitant to. "you know about the abuse, obviously. that's why he's staying with you right?"

"how'd you know he was staying with me?"

"jimin, he's my best friend. no offense, but before you there was me. there's been me since we were fourteen. i know about every single thing that goes on in that fucked up mind of his. he tells me everything."

"then why don't you know why he's gone?"

"you can ask him when we find that piece of shit."

the elder boy started up the engine again and they proceeded with their mission. "can i ask you something, jimin?"

"yeah. of course, hyung."

"do you... do you like yoongi-hyung?"

"w-what? no, god no. of course not. he's straight. i don't let myself fall for straight people."

"no he's not."

"what?"

"just forget i said anything, okay?"