⁰⁰² AIN'T DAMSEL

SCENE II - AIN'T DAMSEL

"i am in love with someone else, now"

staring straight at the computer screen in front and fingers unmovable in her keyboard, she heard the words echo inside her mind. she had a deadline that was due in five minutes but she couldn't find any strength to get her facts straight and make her brain gears work as the pain in her heart was unbearable.

"i am in love with someone else, now"

eyes widening before it slightly shut for a second, she found herself shakily cupping her face, jiho couldn't help the way her eyes glossed as it let out another round of flood of tears. she couldn't stop the treacherous tears to fall as the words that jeongguk spoke kept on replaying inside her mind, like a broken record.

 "i am in love with someone else, now"

as if on cue, painful sobs escaped in her lips as the the words wouldn't stop echoing over and over, stabbing her right through the core and leaving her grasping for an air she couldn't seem to have.

 "i am in love with someone else, now"

why? she had wanted to ask jeongguk yesterday night, but she found no words escaping her lips as she felt terribly betrayed and hurt. the moment jeongguk spoke those eight spiteful words, she suddenly lost the ability to think rationally and could only let herself choke on sobs.

where did i go wrong?

how long  has he been seeing her?

am i not good enough?

choking on her own sobs and slightly curling her body, she continuously wiped the flood of tears in her eyes. jiho rested her elbows on her knees as she couldn't stop herself from trembling, finding it impossible to control the surge of the pain in her heart. she couldn't stop from letting out a whimper, she didn't care if someone saw her breaking down, she didn't care if she got caught by her bossy boss, hell, she could care less of anything but the want to take the pain that lingered in her heart.

 "i am in love with someone else, now"

the words annoyingly played in her head and it was such a torture to hear every, single, time. in the eyes of other people, she tried so hard to make it a point to achieve normalcy but now that she was alone in the four corners of her office, she couldn't help but unravel.

 "i am in love with someone else, now"

 as if knives piercing her heart, she clutched the fabric that rested on top of her chest as she felt her heartstrings being pulled, finding it so hard to breathe the longer she cried.  too blinded with her raging emotions, she was caught off guard when she suddenly felt a pair of arms encircling her small frame.

"it'll be okay"

heart almost stopping, the deep and raspy voice that she knew all too well echoed in her ears. the blonde haired bossy boss, known as the infamous million worth boss who has an obsession with gucci, was right here beside her, comforting her which was quite odd of him to do as he appeared cold and strict.

as much as she wanted to apologize for everything that he saw, jiho couldn't find it in herself to pull away. jiho knew how she badly needed someone to comfort her . . .  even if that someone was her hostile boss, kim taehyung.