⁰¹⁰ DAY THREE

SCENE IX - DAY 3 : HIS RAGE  

"jinyeon is happy!"

eyes absentmindedly staring on the work in her screen, her slender fingers immediately stopped moving as the voice of jiho's adorable and sweet son echoed in her ears, recalling how happy yeon was yesterday and today.

"papa, came home early and we even had a sleepover on my room!"

heart churning, jiho couldn't help but feel her heart be eaten with guilt. she remembered the two of them laying on each side of jinyeon on the child's bed yesterday, right at that moment they could've been a picture of the perfect family if only, jeongguk wasn't seeing another woman.

"this is the best day of my life!" jinyeon's voice continued to rang as her heart was thumped with sorrow. yesterday night could've been the best day for her too, if only jeongguk still loved her.

you're a liar, jiho.

her thoughts were screaming at her like a stream, running unstoppable as it flowed in her mind. i am a liar. i am a fucking liar, why are you pulling an act with jinyeon, jiho? you're only making things worse.

how would you break it to your son?

breakup and divorce. thinking of those two things made jiho's heart constrict with pain as a shaky sigh escaped her lips, cupping her face, her thoughts started to consume her. i can't possibly just tell jinyeon like, "hey honey, mama wasn't good enough for papa and he doesn't love mama anymore that's why he's leaving"

mama wasn't good enough for papa.

wasn't good enough.

wasn't good enough.

like a spear piercing her heart, jiho felt a lump forming on the depths of her heart as it made the tears prick on the corner of her eyes once more.

i was not good enough.

the treacherous and painful words echoed in her mind and it was enough to make the droplets of her restrained tears to flow uncontrollably. right at that moment, she imagined the way little jinyeon would respond, mama wasn't good enough? why? why weren't you enough? did you do something bad? why is papa leaving? did jinyeon did something too? why would papa leave mama? he said he loves us! us means you and me, mama. so-