⁰²⁵ [ QUARTER ➀ ]

so, i updated!  *puppy eyes* please tell me what you think abt the story so far! btw, just imagine jeongguk as the one dancing with jiho in the gif. –xoxo, nick 💕

 –xoxo, nick 💕

QUARTER 

soft breathes as her chest continuously rise and fall, my eyes trailed on her peaceful facial expression – lashes tickling her porcelain like skin and lips slightly parted. the woman looks so peaceful – so different from the way she looked before with her swollen eyes, sunken cheeks and trembling state.

the man sat, still couldn't help the his heart swelled. 01:30, it was already morning and yet here was jeongguk watching her sleep—too afraid to slip under the covers for a fear of waking her up and she might lose the needed rest from the tiring day.

"i'm scared" as if on cue, tears were on the verge of trailing on the man's cheeks once more. the two words that escape on her precious lips seemed to haunt him – giving a painful reminder that he failed. failed in keeping the promise of protecting her, keeping her away from seokjin's clammy and abusive hands.

what have i done? jeongguk questions, it's making him feel so conflicted and terrified, hatred on himself seeping in the corners of his skin. lips quivering, she couldn't help but sob in pain, trying so hard to shush the way his lips let out shaky sighs to not wake her up.

what, why is my heart in so much pain?

everything just hurts and there's this surge of thousands of feelings bottling up inside his body – raw, new and dangerous. jeongguk was conflicted, why was he feeling this way? why does everything hurt and why can't he tame the way his heart churned in pain? 

he was done loving jiho, right? he was done – enough, end and they're nothing but history and yet why? why is the man's eyes pooling with treacherous and untamed tears? why was his heart feeling like it was getting torn into two? why does he want to touch her and drown in her warmth? why?

cupping his head and kneeling on the floor beside their shared bed, jeongguk wept tremendously as his body trembled with the feelings choking him inside. never in his life had he imagined feeling this kind of pain and even feeling so ignorant why he was such a crying mess.