⁰⁴⁴ FINALE

SHE GOT AWAY
SCENE XIV - FINALE

the words seemed to fail him as he could almost see his world crumbling

jimin-hyung: "you must hurry if you want to make it. jiho's in the courthouse to finally submit the divorce papers"

blinking his eyes as if processing the words that he had read, he rubbed his brown orbs for over a couple of times before he felt the inexpliccable way of his heart churning and twisting into pain, the tears burning to break free.

no, no, no. scampering and breaking all the hesitation in his veins, the man was running as if his whole life was on the line. the moment jeon jeongguk read those words pop out in his phone at exactly 10.00, he almost fell on his butt as he stood up almost immediately from the comforts of his bed.

please, please. no, i pray to every celestial being to please, no. please, help me – i, i don't want to. i thought the divorce was—

desperation crawling in the man's veins, he painfully made his legs trudge on the pristine white halls of the courthouse as the tears brimmed in his eyes. on his way to the place, he knew he had broken the speed limit as he swerved on every lane, barely missing the other cars. he was desperate and call him crazy but what mattered the most was to stop jiho and the impending ending of their marriage.

please, i beg of you. i'd do anything, i'll do anything just no. snot forming on his nose as a lump started forming in the depths of his chest, the man fought the urge to cry miserably as he badly wanted to see even just a trace, a strand of those brown hair. he had been through hell and even if the wound on his ribs haven't fully healed yet, he couldn't care less of how it hurt and if his stitch might be already bleeding . . . what was important was to see jiho, now.

fear clearly evident in his features, he was searching for a mop of brown long locks that he adored and loved so dearly, so desperate to make it on time to stop the one thing he should have called off a long long time ago – divorce.

i beg of you. Finally reaching the floor where the divorce papers should be submitted, jeongguk was welcomed with a swarm of large crowd, making it impossible to find jiho. "jiho, jiho, jiho—" he murmured softly at first before the desperation crawled on him and he started calling out on the room like a madman.

"jiho, jiho! kim jiho!" jeongguk could instantly feel the tears in his eyes, he could feel the way it gave way and flooded on his cheeks but he could only wipe them furiously as he still hoped that somewhere, out there, jiho was still standing and hesitating to give the divorce papers. please, to whoever is someone listening to me, please . . . please give me strength and the luck to see my wife.