CURTAIN FALL

[ this continues to the so.fa]

SHE GOT AWAY
CLOSING ACT

the tears couldn't stop from cascading on his sunken porcelaincheeks

"yeon!" ragged breath and deep voice echoing in his ears, the fifteen year old teenager who had suddenly sprinted out of their family gathering found that hymn so irritable to the point of wanting the floor to eat his existence at instant. he'd rather let the ground eat him up rather than let the man who was chasing him in the streets, catch up to him. go away, leave me alone!

i don't want you. i don't want you!

what was supposed to be a happy event to cheer up and make yeon open up to his eight year step-father turned into a complete turn of 360 degrees when the elders (who knew nothing better) started speaking about his true father (blood-related) with hushed voices and disgust laced in their tones. the brunette felt as if his father's existence was supposed to be a dirty secret that wasn't meant to be there in the first place.

the words they said were like a broken record playing inside his head.

"do you still have any means of communications to that scumbag?" out of accident, yeon heard one of his unties spoke, the question clearly directed to his mother. with practiced nonchalance and even if he knew it was wrong of him, the young boy hid at the spot where he could eavesdrop.

oh, how he wished he just never listened.

he wished he could turn back time and just leave right on the moment he heard his untie sooyoung speak, that the moment he heard the arrogant tone mocking his real father, he should've walked far far away, should've let the elders speak on their own but-

he didn't.

he didn't and his heart was torn into pieces.

"we heard that he returned to busan for good"
"you know jiho, i knew right from the start that he wasn't meant for you."
"i heard that he settled down with another woman again, can you imagine his guts?"
"good thing you finally realized how-"

left, busan and another woman. he moved on, too. papa moved on, mama have taehyung while me-me!- thousands of thoughts rummaging his mind as he realized once again how his first family seemed so impossible to return. it was impossible to return to the times where he had his papa guk and mama ji. the times where everything was perfect. the times where he had everything he wanted. why? why? why?!

"yeon!" hearing the tone hum in his ears again, he was sick of pretending to be okay. leave me alone!

i have no one. with hurried footsteps and no particular destination in mind the boy continued to run an endless chase.