⁰³⁶ [ QUARTER ➃ ]

SHE GOT AWAY
QUARTER ➃

SHE GOT AWAYQUARTER ➃

the calm before the storm.

ethereal. the single word seemed to resonate inside his mind as he fondly observed the way the angel breathe in her sleep. unable to contain the urge to tuck a strand of her hazel locks, jeongguk's heart was filled with insurmountable warmth that he had been dying to feel for so long. i'd been such a fool to hurt you. i'd been such an asshole to you, what have i been doing? what right did i have to hurt you when all you've done is extend your love, support and dedication without fail? i want you, i want to make all the pain go away.

doe eyes widening, jeongguk felt himself holding his breath as jiho stirred . . . but only relief seems to radiate in his heart as the woman inched closer to his skin as she tightly clutched the fabric that rest on his chest. fondness spreading in his heart, he hummed a lullaby to lull the sleeping angel to a long awaited rest. i'm going to be better for you.

00.00 it had been a few hours ever since jiho had left her heart bare for jeongguk to care for. after throwing a series of harmless punches on his chest when he embraced the woman, jiho had felt exhausted in crying and she couldn't deny the warmth and security of the body that held her, thus, she had fell asleep on jeongguk's cradle sooner than expected.

i love you, jiho and this time i'll make sure to treasure you like the gem that you are.

an impending storm was set to fall and wreak havoc.

bright moon illuminating the dark sky, no stars seemed to paint the large body of heaven as the clouds hid the twinkling beautiful celestial beings. it was a premonition of what was there to come and what was there to destroy.

trembling lips as her glossy eyes cupped her cheeks, the woman who was still clad in her work attire was patiently waiting for the most important person she had been dying to meet for a week's time. fixing her brown locks as she tried to regain composure, she couldn't contain the excitement, anxiety and mixed feelings that seem to bubble up in the pits of her stomach. the brunette had been so eager to meet the person that she's been keen on having an appointment even going into lengths for using her father's connections just as so she could get what she wanted.

"ji" anger boiling in the deep corners of her heart as the voice echoed in her ears, the way that endearment slipped in the tips of jeongguk's lips in the previous events of her day made her skin itch with the urge to pluck every strand on jiho's head. gritting her teeth in annoyance, her palm formed into fists as she couldn't help but want to throw her high-heeled stiletto to the nearest glass in front of her in the extravagant hotel, fortunately she was able to hold it in.