⁰³⁴ DAY ELEVEN

SCENE XVI - ACT I
DAY ELEVEN
SOLOMON'S DENIAL

SCENE XVI - ACT IDAY ELEVEN – SOLOMON'S DENIAL

blood. blood was everywhere. the moment jeongguk's eyes opened, crimson is what enveloped his vision. what is happening? was the first question that entered the man's thoughts as he couldn't put the pieces together. eyes roaming through his surroundings and body, he noticed how his hands were even covered with blood. what the hel— thoughts running into turmoil, even before he could process further, a whimper broke his trance.

shiver running down on his spine, the way the voice tickled his ears made him feel goosebumps crawl under his skin. "jeongguk" the voice, the way the hymn rang in his ears made his heart drop.

eyes widening and head immediately snapping on where the voice was coming from, his heart almost popped out of his chest. "n—no" eyes immediately growing glossy as his insides felt like it was being ripped into two, jeongguk almost died at the sight.

white torn dress stained with blood, wounds surrounding her porcelain skin and hair disheveled as it was cut short. a trembling woman trying to cover her exposed body was looking at the man's eyes as piercing as daggers. "j—jiho" he'd choked at the name, leaving a bitter aftertaste. hurrying to aid her, jeongguk panicked as he kneeled beside her, "j—jiho what—" happened. words failed him as before he could even speak, the woman pushed him away.

"this is because of you." shaky voice as tears spilled on the woman's orbs, jeongguk saw the way the woman held hatred in her eyes. "what do you mea—"

"you said you'd protect me, you said you'd never let him near me. you said you'd keep me safe! you're a liar! you're the worst! you let him rape me! you broke your promise, you hurt me once again. you let jin touch me! you're just like him – you're a monster! you didn't even think of me just because you were fucking somebody new! you're just like—"

eyes fluttering open as his eyes were welcomed with the familiar sight of the master's bedroom; jeongguk found himself catching his breath as tears soaked his brown orbs. a dream. a dream, i—

having no second thoughts, his body immediately moved on its own. jiho, jiho, jiho. as if a trigger was pulled in his system, the man hurriedly sttod up, leaving the bedroom as he tried to find his wife in their humble home. where, where, where are— eyes searching and heart wildly hammering inside his chest, jeongguk searched as his mind go into turmoil almost having panic when suddenly, he heard the giggles.

when he heard the giggles, that was the only time his nerves seemed to calm down.

feet slowly trudging on the kitchen, the sight that unfolds left him frustrated. a smiling jiho feeding their son, warmth radiated on the area.

jeon jeongguk was conflicted.

finally recalling the events of yesterday night as his terrifying dream ceased to exist in his thoughts, the man put two in two in pieces. eyes wide awake as his gaze lingered on the white and plain ceiling while he hid behind the door, hid in jinyeon and jiho's eyes, the man's thoughts were a whirlpool of confusion, frustration and denial.