⁰⁴³ NIGHT THIRTEEN

NIGHT THIRTEEN
SCENE XVIII - ACT II

jeongguk knew he had lived a sheltered life

at the tender age of eight, jeongguk realized that he could conquer the world and had it all wrapped up in his little fingers. being the only son of the great businessmen namely ayame min and changyoon jeon, jeongguk grew up to be a child wonder, excelling in everything he has set his mind to, failing was never in his dictionary.

at such a young age, he was groomed to become the next heir of the jeon empire — training him with — beyond perfection and polishing his skills to be the best among the rest, he always stood triumphant in everything. young jeon jeongguk was ambitious, he made it his point to be that one person who could excel at anything — whether it be in academics or sports. he wanted all of the recognition and he craved for it. All of it.

although despite all of the trophies, medals and recognition he got . . . jeongguk still feels like an empty shell.

like a hole pierced inside his chest, jeongguk would feel the unfathomable loneliness worming his heart. it was dangerous and unsual, despite everything he has achieved . . . nothing ever makes him ecstatic and joyful.

he would sometimes wonder why, why there was a pang in his chest whenever he sees his classmates as their faces were painted with smiles, whenever their parents would come and fetch them. jeongguk wondered why his eyes would sting with tears or whenever he hears his classmates share the beautiful story of their family spending time. why does it hurt? how does it makes me feel this conflicted? what is this feeling?

ah, i'm— at the age of ten, everything just falls into place as he realizes what he was missing, coming back for almost the thousandth time at their palace-like-home, all alone. the halls seems too big for him, swallowing his little figure and having the vicinity all by himself.