⁰³² [ INTERLUDE ➐ ]

so, i hope this chapter is not lame ;-; and i hope this wouldn't confuse you.
xoxo, nick ♥

—xoxo, nick ♥

INTERLUDE

" ─maybe you could've asked your boss to pair you up with your secretary and not some woman  who couldn't tend to her husband's fucking needs"   flinching as a shaky sigh escaped on my lips, another new series of words seemed to echo in my ears over and over. i'm going crazy.

after the incident with jiho at the restaurant, i decided to work on my own. visiting the restaurants and different caterers, i was still at zero progress after two hours of roaming around the city. none of the places piqued my taste and maybe it was because my heart was as heavy as of a stone, another factor why i couldn't concentrate. and here i am now, back in the office working on the pile of papers that had increased unbelievably. 

i was such a fool. a fool for even running after her when he had walked out of the room five minutes after. it was all my fault, as soon as i realized my mistake, i was already too late.  i didn't have the courage to call her back to to help me. i knew she would flat out reject my call. i didn't call lilia too. if i did ask for her, it would only prove how incompetent i am, it would prove how jiho was true to her words and i was just some fucking man-whore who didn't want to work with her because of personal reasons. reflecting to what happened, it was undeniably my fault why things ended badly, again.

i had the chance to apologize and finally have a proper closure before we divorce and yet, i let it slip away - again.

i'm sorry. i've practiced those words, i've practiced a whole lot of phrases. i kept mumbling a whole paragraph in my head to apologize when our meeting start but all of it came crashing down when she was right infront of me, in flesh. when she's just right infront of me, every words gets caught inside my throat and i couldn't speak anymore. carding a hand on my hair and ruffling it, an annoyed whine mixed with groan erupted in my lips. 

i had the chance. i had the chance to apologize for everything and i always blew it up. 

sighing for the hundredth time, i was just about to fish out my phone from my bag when i noticed the envelope that jinyeon gave me. "read it when you're alone, okay?"   thinking so lightly of my son's words, it wouldn't be bad to have at least a peace of mind for awhile.