⁰⁴¹ [ QUARTER ➅ ]

SHE GOT AWAY
QUARTER ➅

"do you love my mama, taetae-hyungie?"

excuse moi? ano? (what?) chocking on his saliva, the said man's eyes widened as his heart suddenly made somersaults inside his chest and fighting the threatening tears to fall because of the sudden bomb question, had been difficult. "oh dear holy unicorns! are you okay hyungie?" taehyung coughed as yeon became alarmed, the older was unable to control his shock as he sat on the available bench to recover his composure.

god, i wasn't prepared for that. what does this cute little thing wants to do to me?

patting his chest to regain control, the man tried to control his nerves all while holding the snacks and ice cream they had managed to buy. "i-i'm okay" not. the younger followed suit to the older as he made himself comfortable on the bench and started patting the older's large back, "are you sure hyung?"

i'm sure, i'm sure i'm going to die with you and your mother's antics - your mother's oblivious-ness and you, my dear little-honey-patootie who's an ever curious boy who never fails to drop bomb questions. let me live, please.

"y-you were saying, buddy?" oh mother of gucci, let's calm down. taehyung inquired, hinting the younger to repeat what he had just asked. "h-hyung-" eyes lacing to taehyung's the younger kept on opening and closing his mouth like a fish a countless of times, taehyung was beginning to feel at the edge with all of the suspense that jinyeon had brought. mother gucci, have mercy on me.

"hyung" finally, the boy started as the elder's nerves started thrumming again, "yes?" taehyung was nervous, he didn't know how to explain himself once jinyeon asked him and dropped another bomb question again. the man waited as jinyeon's eyes broke the intense staring session and began fiddling on his fingers as if to distract him and his confused, young mind.

taehyung waited, letting the younger gather enough courage to ask but as one minute becomes two then three until it reached five minutes, taehyung got immensely worried, "hey," the older softly murmured as he gently carded his hand to the soft black locks of the younger, only to be soon met with the glazed eyes of yeon.

oh my guacamole— panic rising through his veins as he saw how the boy started crying out of nowhere, taehyung immediately brought the younger to his lap, shushing the unstoppable tears that continuously flowed in the smooth skin. "hey, it's okay yeon. you're okay" embracing the shivering small frame, taehyung felt an immense sense of overprotectiveness wash over his veins. the man almost wanted to cry himself for the sight of yeon crying made his mind run into turmoil.

"i'm scared . . . i—i don't want mama and papa to . . . divorce" eyes widening as taehyung sucked a bountiful of air, he had to let the words sink in. how come—how did he—